Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Gaming Ghost>
When you wrote the $30 strike puts expiring today and you see this...

1684556083697.png

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Can someone describe exactly why it's so easy to profit off of Tesla? The volatility and confidence in company is so certain that it seems it should not be this way?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Can someone describe exactly why it's so easy to profit off of Tesla? The volatility and confidence in company is so certain that it seems it should not be this way?

wUt¿

Who is profiting so easily off of Tesla?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's very easy if you have a time machine.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well then.

Ok, I'll bow out!
The point people are making is the fact it shed like 75% from peak to last November. I don’t think anyone had it easy investing during that period. It doubled recently from those lows, but again dropped another 30%+ in recent months. Everything looks easy in retrospect. What crystal ball are you making bets for the future ?

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Gaming Ghost>
Not posting this for political commentary, we have a thread for that. That being said, this has the potential to do some catastrophic things to the markets. I have always felt with 100% certainty a deal gets done in prior years. Honestly, I am about 95% right now. First time I ever had some doubt (no matter how small) it won't get done. The last couple of years have given a number of things that "could never happen", but sure did happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not posting this for political commentary, we have a thread for that. That being said, this has the potential to do some catastrophic things to the markets. I have always felt with 100% certainty a deal gets done in prior years. Honestly, I am about 95% right now. First time I ever had some doubt (no matter how small) it won't get done. The last couple of years have given a number of things that "could never happen", but sure did happen.

By the wording of the 14th amendment, Biden should order the federal government to immediately cease all transfer payments to any state who certified an illegal slate of electors, or who's representatives in congress voted to decertify the election.

But he should only do that AFTER launching a pre-emptive strike against the Chinese and Russian strategic missile, air, and naval forces.

1684724112663.png

• 2Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

1684759087516.png

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So markets have priced in rate cuts by July and you've got Bullard out here today talking 2 more hikes totalling 50bp, "do more now", inflation not moving, etc.

1684760036437.png

ShakyJake

<Donor>
...and yet, markets are green this morning?
Is it super odd or just my ignorance that different markets are behaving wildly different? Nasdaq strong, S&P breaking out, Dow Jones doing nothing, Russel looks super weak, and financials getting ready to fall off a cliff.

• 1Like