Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Gaslighting? A major line product announcement and it went down while an tiny detail about said product line propelled the company involved with that tiny detail
Gaslighting? I have no idea about apple products. I don't own them, and I LOATHE their OS and their fanboys. For the life of me I can't understand why they were ever a thing, since they seem to appeal to people I can't stand.

All I did was bring up a chart on fidelity and look at their last 6 months. Then compare that to what you're calling a 'significant fall'. Looking at it objectively, it's not significant. Or much of a fall.

And what the fuck are you talking about referring to your subconscious as if it's someone else in the room with you? This thread is not the place for that kind of mentally ill posting, bro. If you genuinely believe that kind of thing, you have no business posting in this thread because you have no credibility because you're nucking futs. If you don't believe it and are just trolling, you have no business in this thread because this isn't a thread for trolling people, it's a thread to share advice and experience and maybe a few memes at the expense of Cathy and Cramer here and there.

So get it together if you want to participate in this thread. It's a wealth of real knowledge, and myself and Blazin Blazin and others here want to keep it that way.
Thanks

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Gaslighting? I have no idea about apple products. I don't own them, and I LOATHE their OS and their fanboys. For the life of me I can't understand why they were ever a thing, since they seem to appeal to people I can't stand.
Apple products are great for stupid people, and there's a lot of stupid people out there.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please

All I did was bring up a chart on fidelity and look at their last 6 months. Then compare that to what you're calling a 'significant fall'. Looking at it objectively, it's not significant. Or much of a fall.

And what the fuck are you talking about referring to your subconscious as if it's someone else in the room with you? This thread is not the place for that kind of mentally ill posting, bro. If you genuinely believe that kind of thing, you have no business posting in this thread because you have no credibility because you're nucking futs. If you don't believe it and are just trolling, you have no business in this thread because this isn't a thread for trolling people, it's a thread to share advice and experience and maybe a few memes at the expense of Cathy and Cramer here and there.

So get it together if you want to participate in this thread. It's a wealth of real knowledge, and myself and Blazin Blazin and others here want to keep it that way.
Thanks

There is literally no reality in any of this shit and I could argue everything i said including subconscious is way more credible than fucking Nvidia going up by 100 dollars in like a week. Give me a break. We have music LM by google where legitamite clips of composition are being made, entire labs by google are being made, google bard in itself are coding entire applications, and somehow google stock hasnt even moved since microsoft, openai, and nvidia have galvanizated and taken every dollar. Anticipatory functioning in a real world base reality would state that google would preemptively be seeing TONS of action right now. It's all bullshit.

None of this shit is real.

In addition, this thread is pretty slow-going, a little bit of spice isn't the worst thing Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule

Anyway, I'll back off since I actually dont want trouble with you Lightning. Have a good day bro.

Jasker

Apple products are great for stupid people, and there's a lot of stupid people out there.

Not sure if you know what i'm talking about when I say this but i'll say it: It's not the way it seems.

Lightning Fast
There is literally no reality in any of this shit and I could argue everything i said including subconscious is way more credible than fucking Nvidia going up by 100 dollars in like a week. Give me a break. We have music LM by google where legitamite clips of composition are being made, entire labs by google are being made, google bard in itself are coding entire applications, and somehow google stock hasnt even moved since microsoft, openai, and nvidia have galvanizated and taken every dollar.

None of this shit is real.

In addition, this thread is pretty slow-going, a little bit of spice isn't the worst thing Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule

Anyway, I'll back off since I actually dont want trouble with you Lightning. Have a good day bro.
Look, if your argument is that the market is fake and gay and rigged, I don't think you'll get much argument with that assessment in this thread. However, everyone knows that already and is trying to profit despite it. As the saying goes, "The market can remain irrational far longer than you can remain solvent. Act accordingly." This thread is dedicated to how to act accordingly.

So, just try to keep it all in the realm of OBSERVABLE reality and we're good here. OK?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lightning Fast
I must admit this has always been a personal failing/blind spot for me. The sheer volume of stupid out there that is just allowed to keep on trucking with little to no consequence always surprises me when after all this time it really shouldn't :(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jasker

Look, if your argument is that the market is fake and gay and rigged, I don't think you'll get much argument with that assessment in this thread. However, everyone knows that already and is trying to profit despite it. As the saying goes, "The market can remain irrational far longer than you can remain solvent. Act accordingly." This thread is dedicated to how to act accordingly.

So, just try to keep it all in the realm of OBSERVABLE reality and we're good here. OK?

I get what you're saying, and fine. I agree, yes. We're good.

How do we function in a reality where our common sense is bastardized all the time, though?

Just because we believe in god? We believe in the end justifies the means?

Why are you or why should i be comfortable giving up or giving away autonomy of self and autonomy of destiny and fate?

What does living like that look like anyway? just moderate concessions of narrative functioning? Like yep, my shit went down in value... and... it made no sense. Who cares?

If I lose common sense because i'm accepting a narrative that is coherent or isnt coherent, how do I even stay sane?

Wouldnt I conceivably start robbing banks?

Wouldnt I conceivably start taking actions like i've taken to upend the concept of the reality we live in VS common sense and our common sense as humans?

This post isnt appropriate for this thread, but I know you're not going to DM me an answer.

• 2WTF
  • 1Committed

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jasker Jasker Quite simply, the run up has been big. Apple is one of the only tech stocks trading near all time highs. The AR headset was essentially a sell the news event. Regardless of how bullish you are on Apple, nothing moves in a straight line up. Zoom out to some higher time frames on AAPL and look objectively. It sounds almost as if you bought at the highs prior to the presentation and are trapped looking at a red position. The fact Apple is still near all time highs just highlights the likelyhood you've bought at the recent highs, because any other cost basis and you wouldn't be here complaining about the price action post-event.

Considering I can't ever recall you regularly posting in this thread, then you pop up complaining about Apple price when we are barely off ATH? Like fuck dude, look at this chart and tell me I am wrong:

1686071979508.png

• 1Solidarity

Jasker

There's never been, in history, a keynote or WWCD that it has gone down in price, ever. This time around, an amazing new product launch, and it dropped while its ancillary unity feature in a single of its apps, shot up seemingly 25%. this is bullshit and obviously common sense bending and common sense questioning. this is not normal, i can go fuck off if you want me to, but your semantics are just semantics.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's never been, in history, a keynote or WWCD that it has gone down in price, ever. This time around, an amazing new product launch, and it dropped while its ancillary unity feature in a single of its apps, shot up seemingly 25%. this is bullshit and obviously common sense bending and common sense questioning. this is not normal, i can go fuck off if you want me to, but your semantics are just semantics.
giphy.gif

• 1Double Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In addition: this vr goggle system was nothing short of fucking remarkable and dare I say something that actually deserves the price tag it carries from apple this time around. Has anyone seen this? M2 chip? those lenses? the camera setup? it's batshit ridiculous in what you can actaully do on it beyond even the hardware mentioning and advocating for the price tag... Anyone watch the WWCD on it? It was like 40 minutes of its features and potential, the comphrenesive presentation and its unending features never even stopped, it was like 8 main menu points. Tim Cook and the team are absolute legends. We're out here about to usher in a beautiful competitive reinessaunce of Zuck Vs Cook where we all win because the tech is propolled into magnificience and I have to live in a dystopian shithole where it's recieved 'poorly' despite overdelivering on price, product, hardware, functionality, use (you can actually see through the damn things...). I was in a discord where grown men were literally saying things like OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, you look at their disc handle and it's like lawyer with smith and rogers law firm.

I know i'm coming off like a bitch here but to defend my subconscious its actually quite necessary.
General purpose vr has some serious battery and durability issues its gonna have to deal with.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This. Everything Apple sells is inferior in some major way to the alternative but sells for a huge premium, and a large fraction of the population just guzzles that shit down and cant wait for more.

It is the biggest tech investing paradox for me. How could they even survive let alone be like the juggernaut they are. But objectively, they just keep on trucking.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Jasker

This. Everything Apple sells is inferior in some major way to the alternative but sells for a huge premium, and a large fraction of the population just guzzles that shit down and cant wait for more.

It is the biggest tech investing paradox for me. How could they even survive let alone be like the juggernaut they are. But objectively, they just keep on trucking.

People pay for Apple because they don't want to get hacked.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
just going to say it:

traditional means of hacking with apple products is not possible, only with windows.

apple: anytime you open an app, you can be 'hacked' by that dev or owner

windows: your entire shit is basically taken over and god and your guardian angel team is playing ball, fate and destiny is at hand and its your best timeline

apple is essentially i'm going to pause life and do whatever i want for a while and not care about the future thats supposed to occur.

now

everything i just said is batshit crazy, im telling you its batshit crazy

i repeat, everything i just said is batshit fucking inane crazy with no damn saneness at all.

the problem is that its absolutely true.

absolutely true.

I'm an investigator that has been studying this stuff for 10 years now.

apple

adam and eve

apple...

apple = no thanks, angel team. I'm chilling.

I've read this 3 times now and still cannot fucking make any sense of what you just wrote

Who bitch this is

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've read this 3 times now and still cannot fucking make any sense of what you just wrote

Who bitch this is
Someone who has been day-drinking their sorrows away after yolo'ing into weekly Apple calls right before the WWDC presentation yesterday.

• 3Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cashed out of SAIC, made ~6.6% return after about a week.

There's a few other gubmint contractors I think who will be up as well that report earnings in the next month or two, their quarterly earnings are probably going to be inflated a bit.

Palantir is up about 100% since a month ago. Reports August 7th. I'm tempted to buy in now but it's a long time to hodl. Anyone sweet or sour on PLTR?
If you really want to buy into PLTR, I would write puts at an out of the money strike that you would be happy owning. My gut says this current level is really being driven by AI hype. I wouldn't be a buyer at this price.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jasker Jasker Quite simply, the run up has been big. Apple is one of the only tech stocks trading near all time highs. The AR headset was essentially a sell the news event. Regardless of how bullish you are on Apple, nothing moves in a straight line up. Zoom out to some higher time frames on AAPL and look objectively. It sounds almost as if you bought at the highs prior to the presentation and are trapped looking at a red position. The fact Apple is still near all time highs just highlights the likelyhood you've bought at the recent highs, because any other cost basis and you wouldn't be here complaining about the price action post-event.

Considering I can't ever recall you regularly posting in this thread, then you pop up complaining about Apple price when we are barely off ATH? Like fuck dude, look at this chart and tell me I am wrong:

View attachment 476843
1 red candle in the previous twelve. AAPL was due for a red shot.

• 1Like