Investing General Discussion

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
SAIC (lots of gubmint contractor income) had good quarterly results. It's up a 6.6% for me since buying it last week.

I haven't done more research but my guess is companies living off the government teet are going to do well this quarter. I don't know any specifics but I have heard there is increased pressure on the government to sign new contracts asap during congressional budget battles because anything new they sign up will get funded during CRs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unity stock
Announced a partnership with Apple's new $3500 Vision Pro AR headset.

I had 1k shares long at $33.18 .. went into a vol halt up, but while halted, Apple announced they weren't releasing until next year. Spooked out and sold at $34.40 after the halt resume .. now here we are up >$39 .. ah well.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What ETF sucks the least these days? I just need something to dump my yearly roth in to and forget about for a while

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote puts on the SQQQ at the $19 strike with July expiry at 42 cent premium. Not looking to hold them to expiry but I expect some downward movement on the QQQ in the not too distant future.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Announced a partnership with Apple's new $3500 Vision Pro AR headset.

I had 1k shares long at $33.18 .. went into a vol halt up, but while halted, Apple announced they weren't releasing until next year. Spooked out and sold at $34.40 after the halt resume .. now here we are up >$39 .. ah well.

So unity went up significantly based on apple but my apple stock all fell significantly? got it, seems realistic

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So unity went up significantly based on apple but my apple stock all fell significantly? got it, seems realistic
Huh? I'm no chart guru, but AAPL is on a steady climb for the last 6 months. It doesn't get much more blue-chip than AAPL...

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
It's funny cause in relative terms they're not really worse than iphones or macs

I read this as the market acknowledging that vr is fucking dumb

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's funny cause in relative terms they're not really worse than iphones or macs

I read this as the market acknowledging that vr is fucking dumb
VR appeals to me sometimes, but it’s a niche application for certain times. 3400$ is a lot to spend on something that fills such a narrow role.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cashed out of SAIC, made ~6.6% return after about a week.

There's a few other gubmint contractors I think who will be up as well that report earnings in the next month or two, their quarterly earnings are probably going to be inflated a bit.

Palantir is up about 100% since a month ago. Reports August 7th. I'm tempted to buy in now but it's a long time to hodl. Anyone sweet or sour on PLTR?

• 1Tendies

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The price of the new VR goggles wasn't received well by Wall Street.
This on top of the fact everything else in the presentation is available almost immediately, but the very end of presentation after the $3500 price tag (which the live crowd audibly groaned at), they said the goggles aren't coming to market until 2024.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Cashed out of SAIC, made ~6.6% return after about a week.

There's a few other gubmint contractors I think who will be up as well that report earnings in the next month or two, their quarterly earnings are probably going to be inflated a bit.

Palantir is up about 100% since a month ago. Reports August 7th. I'm tempted to buy in now but it's a long time to hodl. Anyone sweet or sour on PLTR?
Gme Gamespot GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jasker

The price of the new VR goggles wasn't received well by Wall Street.
Funny post and my subconscious will not be believing this in any way as any 16gb memory from apple is a lot of money.

They have and always will be a great company with expensive products.

This is no mystery to the point every website said 4k cash on the goggles pre launch, it was actually less.

Stock shot up before announcement then suddenly dipped at the very start of announcement

Now suddenly an expensive apple product is a problem

Jasker

Huh? I'm no chart guru, but AAPL is on a steady climb for the last 6 months. It doesn't get much more blue-chip than AAPL...
Gaslighting? A major line product announcement and it went down while a tiny detail about said product line propelled the company involved with that tiny detail.

A small portion of the Apple Product involved unity. Unity stock rises. Apple falls. So, allegedly apple is no good and its poo poo, but hey man that unity attached to the apple product that's amazing despite our predicting the apple product will falter and its no good we cant accept that, but let's invest here over here.

Last edited:

Jasker

Funny post and my subconscious will not be believing this in any way as any 16gb memory from apple is a lot of money.

They have and always will be a great company with expensive products.

This is no mystery to the point every website said 4k cash on the goggles pre launch, it was actually less.

Stock shot up before announcement then suddenly dipped at the very start of announcement

Now suddenly an expensive apple product is a problem

In addition: this vr goggle system was nothing short of fucking remarkable and dare I say something that actually deserves the price tag it carries from apple this time around. Has anyone seen this? M2 chip? those lenses? the camera setup? it's batshit ridiculous in what you can actaully do on it beyond even the hardware mentioning and advocating for the price tag... Anyone watch the WWCD on it? It was like 40 minutes of its features and potential, the comphrenesive presentation and its unending features never even stopped, it was like 8 main menu points. Tim Cook and the team are absolute legends. We're out here about to usher in a beautiful competitive reinessaunce of Zuck Vs Cook where we all win because the tech is propolled into magnificience and I have to live in a dystopian shithole where it's recieved 'poorly' despite overdelivering on price, product, hardware, functionality, use (you can actually see through the damn things...). I was in a discord where grown men were literally saying things like OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, you look at their disc handle and it's like lawyer with smith and rogers law firm.

I know i'm coming off like a bitch here but to defend my subconscious its actually quite necessary.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
In addition: this vr goggle system was nothing short of fucking remarkable and dare I say something that actually deserves the price tag it carries from apple this time around. Has anyone seen this? M2 chip? those lenses? the camera setup? it's batshit ridiculous. Anyone watch the WWCD on it? It was like 40 minutes of its features and potential.
Honestly, I see it as a lawsuit trap if they're gonna advertise it as something you can use in the process of your daily life.