Investing General Discussion

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Theres gotta be some economic fall out over this. For the past 48+ hours LA, Philly and a few other cities has had a looting free for all.

Stimulus 2.0!

Kinda jealous about not getting to clean out a jewelry store tho . . . Someone got rich.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I heard as well a lot of policies don't cover civil unrest. After the first 1/2 day you would think a jewelry store would get their most expensive stuff locked up or off site.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was reading into it and saw a typical buisiness insurance policy will cover riot damage, EXCLUDING windows.

As with all things insurance, I'm sure there's lots of factors like the things being covered, location of the business ect ect. I have a feeling with the lack of response to riots that's been becoming commonplace lately, insurance companies will reconsider such things going forward. Insurance companies like to always win, and they will price accordingly.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Contents I could see falling under theft of product. The building itself in a fire, dunno. But easily into the billions in damage at this point. Crank up the printing press and add to the stimulus and bailouts.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So for those that don't know, the %short data updates every couple of weeks. I always factor in the sentiment of bears as I look at stocks. A very low number tells me no one is willing to bet against the company. A high number the opposite. I also factor this in in terms of how much of a stock price could be depressed due to shorts and could it see a pop if it jumps and a squeeze starts.

I also updated my latest analyst Avg Price Targets.

Things of note.
DAL only has 5% of the float shorted which surprised me. At current price, it has an implied upside of about 35% to analyst target.

LMT just went ex-div. Less than 1% of the float shorted. Over 10% upside to price target.

JPM has less than 1% short. I think the worst of the pain for Financials is behind us. I believe the analysts gutted JPM price target too low. I would be shocked not to see at least a 15-20% ride up by years end from Friday's close.

MSFT less than 0.6% of the float shorted. Unlike AAPL (which is above analysts price target) MSFT still has almost 8% to rise to price target. I would highly advise adding some MSFT on any real 2% or more intraday pullback. Long term there is no way this doesn't move up at least 10% from here by year end.

JNJ pretty much identical to MSFT comments above except it has to deal with the asbestos/baby powder lawsuit shit at some point. It has the counter though in that it can possibly have its hands in a Coronachan drug. Again I can't see this not rising 10% by year end.

VTIQ/NKLA has 17% of the float shorted and the reverse merger date is the end of the month. Volume is back in the normal range. With 17% short this has the potential to pop on a nice short squeeze on any real positive news that spikes the price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PFE stopped a beast cancer trial. Stock down 7%. Probably oversold, a decent entry point and at this price comes with a 4.25% dividend yield.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
SpaceX launches a rocket, TSLA spikes.

Was hoping for a slide prior to battery day . . . prolly going to try an option the week its announced.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's real attempting to exit again today. Stonks are up and just looking at the upcoming financial reports with the background noise of looting is giving me eye ulcers. Stonks were up 3% when I was in last week and I think I'd feel like a robber baron if I took that money and ran off into the land of cash to add it to what I've already made this year.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can tell you right now that the Big Chains are most definitely insured against looting and theft and shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And citizens everywhere would rejoice.

Doubtful. If you didn't have the option of purchasing insurance on your goods in this case. Riots and looting would just mean all your shit is gone and suck it up.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Read a article today that China is in a V shaped recovery. I'm liking the gainz today.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Read a article today that China is in a V shaped recovery. I'm liking the gainz today.

An analyst firm reported a good jump, while the official government number was that it went down a little.

TBH I dunno what to believe when it comes to china. The only thing companies and governments consistently do there is lie. I do find it interesting that a relative in the heavy industrial equipment industry has noticed a huge surge in request for quotes with absolutely no materials from china. Apparently energy companies are using this time to upgrade, cause business is good.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
PFE stopped a beast cancer trial. Stock down 7%. Probably oversold, a decent entry point and at this price comes with a 4.25% dividend yield.

I'm light on healthcare and bought a modest 200 shares @ $35.00 of PFE. Long term hold, don't know yet if I'll keep the new Viatris spin off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My optimistic sell executed so back to cash I guess. I'm playing the markets like Beagle this last month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm light on healthcare and bought a modest 200 shares @ $35.00 of PFE. Long term hold, don't know yet if I'll keep the new Viatris spin off
I'm up near my cap in Healthcare but I can't look the other way when a big cap with a strong balance sheet goes on sale. A real safe dividend yield over 4% is a nice bonus.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey Blazin Blazin I got a question. VTIQ call options. Jan '21 30 strike. I'm in the money and up 150%. I'm thinking about selling, banking my initial investment and then using the profit to roll it up to 50 strike same expiry. That way I am playing strictly with the profit. Thoughts?