Investing General Discussion

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I housing prices? I wouldn’t count on it. Everything points to the fact that this should be a buyers market, but too few homes for the people willing to buy. I just don’t see a crash materializing while inventory is so strained. Especially not in cheaper to middle markets.

ya I keep telling people to look at inventory and they're like "?"

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
ya I keep telling people to look at inventory and they're like "?"
ya I have a coworker who is convinced of a crash and I keep saying it’s not happening in our area (Boston metro west).

even I myself believed a collapse was coming to some of the more remote areas like rural Maine or NH and I am starting to think the back to the office thing has tapered out enough that even that won’t happen.

All of that will force the feds hand into higher for longer unless something really breaks in the economy I think. I am starting to try to brainstorm what investments weather that best. Probably a pivot out of retail and into more essentials.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
To The Moon GIF by OKX

• 1To the Moon!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
ya I have a coworker who is convinced of a crash and I keep saying it’s not happening in our area (Boston metro west).

even I myself believed a collapse was coming to some of the more remote areas like rural Maine or NH and I am starting to think the back to the office thing has tapered out enough that even that won’t happen.

All of that will force the feds hand into higher for longer unless something really breaks in the economy I think. I am starting to try to brainstorm what investments weather that best. Probably a pivot out of retail and into more essentials.
My office is straight up closing 4 of our offices and going all-in on just having one in the Bay Area where the C-Suite live. As they determined that the only thing they absolutely needed was a venue for a few big events a year, some team get togethers, and a permanent site for managing company hardware.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What makes you say that?

Trendline added by me and not really a measure of anything. Just an eyeball of "this doesn't look out of whack to me."

Untitled.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nasdaq is up like 40% this year?
And how much was it down last year?

You realize the price it's at right now is the same as February 2021?

In July of 2019 it was at 8330. That's up 71% in 4 years, or 17.8% a year. The CAGR of the Nasdaq over the last 15 years is 16%.

Seems perfectly in line with expectations to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
to loop this back to relevant to the stock thread I think it must be one major reason Powell isn’t blinking, he knows the second rates dip or cuts seem imminent another 20% price surge in housing is going to happen.
shaquille-o-neal-shimmy.gif

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

My Schwab account I dumped the house sale money into finally back up to a +0%.

My timing was not spectacular

• 2Diamond Hands
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

In July of 2019 it was at 8330. That's up 71% in 4 years, or 17.8% a year. The CAGR of the Nasdaq over the last 15 years is 16%.

Seems perfectly in line with expectations to me.
Weve had what 500+ billion dollars worth of bank failures this year? That only stopped when sweetheart deals where given out yet again and the government said fdic limitations where a joke. And were still having banks on the verge of failing requiring more sweetheart deals to stop from going under like with pacwest just this week.

Then you have the AI idiocy which is 100% a bubble. Nvidia says amazing revenue generation is right around the corner yet TSMC the people who actually make the chips and MSFT the people who use the chips both have said AI isnt what its being sold as so both tanked after their earning in the last two weeks.

Then you have a major conflict in ukraine, hundred of thousands in layoffs from the biggest companies this year, consumer debt at an all time high, sky rocketing loan rejection rate etc.

Im just some guy but it doesnt seem like we should be where we are at right now with the current economic landscape. But of course the market will stay irrational far as long as it wants.

• 1Solidarity

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Got an e-mail from Robinhood today that they are now paying 4.9% (up from 4.65%) for their Gold ($5/mo) members. I have money parked here just for interest, not that I really like RH as a company.

• 1Tendies

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Weve had what 500+ billion dollars worth of bank failures this year? That only stopped when sweetheart deals where given out yet again and the government said fdic limitations where a joke. And were still having banks on the verge of failing requiring more sweetheart deals to stop from going under like with pacwest just this week.

Then you have the AI idiocy which is 100% a bubble. Nvidia says amazing revenue generation is right around the corner yet TSMC the people who actually make the chips and MSFT the people who use the chips both have said AI isnt what its being sold as so both tanked after their earning in the last two weeks.

Then you have a major conflict in ukraine, hundred of thousands in layoffs from the biggest companies this year, consumer debt at an all time high, sky rocketing loan rejection rate etc.

Im just some guy but it doesnt seem like we should be where we are at right now with the current economic landscape. But of course the market will stay irrational far as long as it wants.
I'm guessing the market is being fueled by the fumes of money left over during the COVID boom. Market sold off heavily, now all that money on the side lines is piling back in FOMO style?

This is APPL:
appl.png

Show me on the chart where else we had this sort of price action? Off of what? How much further can this go without some sort of reasonable correction? Not suggesting an outright crash, but a healthy pullback? This is beyond retarded.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1To the Moon!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing the market is being fueled by the fumes of money left over during the COVID boom. Market sold off heavily, now all that money on the side lines is piling back in FOMO style?

This is APPL:
View attachment 484222

Show me on the chart where else we had this sort of price action? Off of what? How much further can this go without some sort of reasonable correction? Not suggesting an outright crash, but a healthy pullback? This is beyond retarded.
Whats truly absurd about that is Apple's revenue has declined past two quarters all the while its stock price has gone up 50%, 1 trillion dollars worth so far in 2023;

• 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Whats truly absurd about that is Apple's revenue has declined past two quarters all the while its stock price has gone up 50%, 1 trillion dollars worth so far in 2023;
It's not real money it's fake emotion

• 1Thoughts & Prayers