Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On my radar: Rates exploding higher today. TLT down >2%. DXY (US Dollar up a lot as well)

1690486583259.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thoughts on TMF?
I tend to avoid leveraged instruments. I am generally risk averse and leveraged instruments add levels of risk. Also its expense ratio is over 1%.

VTIP is yielding just over 5% and has an extremely low beta with high capital preservation. But I look at TLT yielding almost 3% and think in a year it could pretty easily gain 3%+ in price appreciation so it should give me a min 6% return with the same zero risk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had gotten overweight in GOOGL when I was adding down at the lows of the $80s/$90s. Trimmed out some of my position to bank some profit and get the position weight back in line.

• 3Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tend to avoid leveraged instruments. I am generally risk averse and leveraged instruments add levels of risk. Also its expense ratio is over 1%.

VTIP is yielding just over 5% and has an extremely low beta with high capital preservation. But I look at TLT yielding almost 3% and think in a year it could pretty easily gain 3%+ in price appreciation so it should give me a min 6% return with the same zero risk.
TLT has +/-3% (and more) repeatedly over the last months. Should be a much bigger move after rates actually peak.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
ROKU up 32% today on yesterday's earnings. Dang. Glad I held and added.

• 2Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Glad they waited until after the close on a Friday to announce. Looks like bankruns are on the menu again, boys.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
  • 1Launch Fail
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Glad they waited until after the close on a Friday to announce. Looks like bankruns are on the menu again, boys.

Well, this happened a few days ago and was a canary IMO. I can't see this fall being anything but a bloodbath. We'll see I guess they're pretty good and stretching this stuff out

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The S&P 500 is being carried by like ~7 tech companies, so there is a bubble probably. It’s just isolated to tech moon stonks.

Idk what that means, but that’s my observation.