Well this is one I found, and it doesn't have 10 months of this year on it:

1691538434587.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Well this is one I found, and it doesn't have 10 months of this year on it:

View attachment 485886

Screenshot 2023-08-08 200027.jpg

Same data as this one, don't recall seeing a better chart of this, see what I can find

My first reaction to this topic is wondering what effect the housing market has on this behavior. Two dynamics incredible competition for extremely limited supply, and a significant recent increase in mortgage interest rates. These factors are going to make people want to tap what resources they can to get a house and limit the size of the mortgage. Seems logical that people will oft choose the now of a house vs the later of retirement.

Hardship withdrawals are such a bad idea and are way too easy to do, and the most financially illiterate will be those drawn to them.

Last edited:

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I have no idea. I suck at buying when stocks are going up. I will wait for you to tell us its time to buy if the bull keeps running.
Right?

My strategy for when stonks go up is to have bought the stock before that happens. I'm still wrestling with how to overcome the couple of flaws in this strategy 🤔

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 4 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I went against traditional buy and hold for a 40 year old and sold all of my qualified money and let it sit in fdrxx as of about 2 weeks ago. In my NQ account I only sold 1/2 of my palantir bc the rest of the lots were short term. Kept all of my indexes

basically around 450 still in and 400 out at this point. My strategy is to learn from past lessons and be more patient with trying to time this dip. If I miss read the dip I’m ok with my little money market for a couple of months.

I know the data is against me on the move, but I like it anyway. My plan on re entry is DCA about 50-100 on pain points each month. If there’s a big shit the bed moment, then shove more back than that.

Im delusional, but not enough to think I’ll come out ahead. Im just more at peace with the 4-5 while on the sidelines. So far im about even vs if I left it alone. It’s kind of weird, you don’t want the market to go down bc your other half is in it, but you definitely don’t hate it as much knowing you may make some money on the ride up.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Not sure this is really being reported that much nationally yet, but I'm thinking that Ford, GM, and Stellantis are going to have a long, drawn out strike on their hands. The new head of the UAW is a delusional egomaniac who's really working on digging himself a hole with some of his demands.

Thoughts on plays? I'm sure there's some strike baked into the current pricing, but I don't think it's as pessimistic as it should be. I'm planning to liquidate the rest of my Ford stock and am looking down the line at suppliers.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
  • 1Launch Fail

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really timed that PLTR exit well.

With how much it's dropped, makes me wonder when I should jump back in.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Anyone have any experience or insights with Federal Farm Credit Bonds? Technically they arent the gubmint but a GSE so there is a difference between them and actual government agency bonds. But they have never failed to my knowledge and the law says the insurance fund would have to cover any losses if a bond fails. They are callable which is a problem, but some I am looking at have a full year before they can be potentially be called thus they would be paying a yield of 6.29% over the 12 months.

1691636681634.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any experience or insights with Federal Farm Credit Bonds? Technically they arent the gubmint but a GSE so there is a difference between them and actual government agency bonds. But they have never failed to my knowledge and the law says the insurance fund would have to cover any losses if a bond fails. They are callable which is a problem, but some I am looking at have a full year before they can be potentially be called thus they would be paying a yield of 6.29% over the 12 months.

View attachment 486022
1691636854950.png