Investing General Discussion

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I bought CCL and RCL a little early, but dollar cost averaged on the way down, feeling those nicely now. Either way.....

1591370310529.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My call options on US steel just went green . . .

Might be executing them rather than selling them at this rate.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seriously man NASDAQ at ATH, Nvidia up, Intel up and AMD down. The fuck is this? Shits been trading side ways around $53 for two weeks now.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As the market continues to recover dont be surprised if we begin to see a return to fundemental analysis. NVDA and INTC both sport EPS in excess of $5. AMD EPS is $0.41.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously man NASDAQ at ATH, Nvidia up, Intel up and AMD down. The fuck is this? Shits been trading side ways around $53 for two weeks now.

AMD is weird, they’ve gone completely opposite of the rest of the market for the last couple months, both up and down.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lol my Vanguard homepage is mysteriously non-functional. It won't show me any of my account info and will not let me transact. Coincidental timing!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
United Airlines will be closing their Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Frankfurt Germany Flight Attendant domiciles (bases) Oct 1st. Highlights the international pullback and focus on domestic. Bad for the foreign based workers, but MAGA.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm wondering about the other side of all this, the exit. Tell me if this sounds reasonable because i've never had to deal with this before. Been a index buy and hold forever person before.

Look at the 52 week high for what I got, then calculate what is 80 percent of that.
Calculate what would be a %150 gain on the particular holdering.

Greater of the two = my price to sell half of the holding.

Is this a good setup or does it sound too greedy or too conservative or what.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm wondering about the other side of all this, the exit. Tell me if this sounds reasonable because i've never had to deal with this before. Been a index buy and hold forever person before.

Look at the 52 week high for what I got, then calculate what is 80 percent of that.
Calculate what would be a %150 gain on the particular holdering.

Greater of the two = my price to sell half of the holding.

Is this a good setup or does it sound too greedy or too conservative or what.
The calculations are arbitrary (80% for instance). Try a site like Marketwatch for instance. Use it to find analysts estimates on the stocks. Then use the 52 week high. Growth us currently difficult to calculate with all the unknowns so use those two numbers as estimates on where you see the stock by the end of the year.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Example for the above post.
MSFT 52 high is 190.70
Analysts price target is 199.50
Current price is 186.17
That is an estimated upside of about 7% from here to the end of the year. With dividends about 8%.
That sounds reasonable to me.

Analysts aren't always right, but they do give a consensus for you to look at. Especially for heavily covered stocks with lots of analysts to even out the outliers.

Remember looking forward isnt looking backward. What we did the last couple of months in terms of appreciation in price isn't normal. An average year for the S&P500 is about 10%.

From today to the end of the year if my overall gain is 10-15% I am going to be very happy.