Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
My only regret at this point is not putting in more money.

Portfolio is up 50% from a couple months ago.

Biggest winners for me so far are CCL & RCL, up 85%
There is little truer than the relationship between risk and reward. The cruiselines/airlines had the highest risk of bankruptcy (and retail obviously) and now those that stayed solvent are going to pay off bigly for those who bet on them.

The key variable was the Fed and Congress. People who bet against the Fed's printing press are going to be sad. And less wealthy.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
I think even the people riding it feel that way. Job growth instead of loss for May is going to have the doubters start buying in. This level won't seem expensive when we are sitting at SPX 4000
Yep. I had about half a dozen limit orders yesterday and missed all six. I'm going to regret not pricing them a tad bit higher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Keep in mind for the oil sector, we are entering the summer and peak driving season. A combo of OPEC cuts and people leaving their houses to drive around this summer could see a quicker cut to crude stocks than forecast. Big oil could be a decent play right now.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yep. I had about half a dozen limit orders yesterday and missed all six. I'm going to regret not pricing them a tab bit higher.

I made $1500 yesterday just selling some puts and it felt like the dumbest move, but for the umpteenth time following the market action yields better results than my feelings.

The stay at home trade should take a hit now, there might be some good names to buy if the market overdoes that selling.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
I made $1500 yesterday just selling some puts and it felt like the dumbest move, but for the umpteenth time following the market action yields better results than my feelings.

The stay at home trade should take a hit now, there might be some good names to buy if the market overdoes that selling.
Thats my philosophy at this point. I am 95% happy with my portfolio in terms of composition. There are a couple of names I regret not buying in March. At this point I am looking for entries to add to existing names or when I see one of those handful take a hit. I will also look for the odd trade if I see a price go out of whack.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I bought 1000 shares of HTZ the other day at $0.80... looking like that was a pretty sweet one today.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Another crazy market start for the travel sector. I'm transitioning now from speculative buys to contributions back into the HSA (and 401k when work calls back) for the tax benefits. Which means back to the indexes for me. I'm not going to pretend to be able to pick 'em forever. I invested in what I know (airlines/travel) and glad I did. But soon its time to get back to reality.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I bought 1000 shares of HTZ the other day at $0.80... looking like that was a pretty sweet one today.

Man thats good, I was really thinking about this but got scared off by some articles stating the bankruptcy was going to make all the old shares go poof.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's kinda insane. So far I don't regret investing on western industry during the CV19.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
23F35F43-1977-4358-A285-4239FA31B735.jpeg
2A4A4A4C-8E3E-4E8C-9779-D29DE4BB593A.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Got to look at it through the lens of the rest of the world. A collection of shitholes, house of card dictatorship command economies, and has been lazy euro cucks who can't import migrants fast enough to ensure they keep their 3 months of paid vacation and pensions starting at age 50 fast enough.

USA the only solid game in town.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've mentioned before that I see a 5-8k bottom possibility, though I'll likely buy in by 12k. The disease definitely the largest cause for movements, though they are going to be made worse by the underlying condition of credit problems. This is worse in cities and with old people, and that is where more of the money is.

I still remember this.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users