Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
JOLTS data coming in hot by nearly 1mil. Still huge demand in employment, hence the big down move at 10am.

10:00*(US) AUG JOLTS JOB OPENINGS: 9.61M V 8.82ME - Source TradeTheNews.com

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How do you look up what someone else is doing? For example, I see where journalists list out "such and such bought 10,000 shares of whoopity" - is there a way to see what the Security Exchange Commissioner or w/e she is for the USPS is doing?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
How do you look up what someone else is doing? For example, I see where journalists list out "such and such bought 10,000 shares of whoopity" - is there a way to see what the Security Exchange Commissioner or w/e she is for the USPS is doing?
Financially influential people, often “insiders” like CEOs, board members and what not, but also in other classes are often required to announce what they do publicly to the SEC. Biggest thing to note is that the info can be weeks old. There’s a whole bunch of rules around it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Company insiders, people who own X% of shares, and government officials generally have reporting rules. There is a significant time lag. Its quarterly I believe.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like we test the 200-DMA on SPY today. Just put a chunky order in on SPLG at 1 penny above the 200-DMA.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1696358314227.png

Gladiator GIF

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hoping today is one of those days that looks like a bloodbath, and then at the last hour pulls out an even day.

Which has been like half the days over the last month.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm still in all cash otherwise. I do not like what I'm seeing. We are flittering with things getting out of control. Bulls need to hold this area. Particularly ugly charts for bulls: TLT, IWM, EEm, HYG, UUP, HD/LOW, XLF, XLV, XLU, PEP, KO and on and on. Just really bad set ups.

QQQ in insolation looks notably better but the QQQ is also hiding how much dmg is being done underneath. If QQQ chart starts morphing into looking like the others then we are in for quite the ride.

...edit look at gold, my gosh that is not a bullish chart

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still in all cash otherwise. I do not like what I'm seeing. We are flittering with things getting out of control. Bulls need to hold this area. Particularly ugly charts for bulls: TLT, IWM, EEm, HYG, UUP, HD/LOW, XLF, XLV, XLU, PEP, KO and on and on. Just really bad set ups.

QQQ in insolation looks notably better but the QQQ is also hiding how much dmg is being done underneath. If QQQ chart starts morphing into looking like the others then we are in for quite the ride.

...edit look at gold, my gosh that is not a bullish chart
All of those dividend names (and utilities) are being killed due to treasury yields. Why risk underlying stock price movements of PEP / KO etc when you can just pick up 5-6% treasuries. IWM has led this entire down move. It was weakest first and continually fails to show any sign of bounce.

I do think the SPY 200D is a reasonable bounce target, if only to ease the oversold conditions on the indexes. Where we go from there is anyone's guess.

DXY (dollar) and yields are firmly in the driver's seat.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am sticking to my plan. It was hard today at times, I really considered doubling my number of SPLG $50 puts to cost average down as it would have given me a cost basis a few pennies above the 200-DMA but resisted and instead dropped a long order at the 200-DMA. I remembered in the late spring where I was writing daily puts (and making money) on SPY just above $400 and ultimately ended up worse off than if I had just bought the shares. So this time I am buying on the support levels and want to avoid being penny wise and dollar foolish.

20 and 30 year Treasuries are now in the realm of interesting and depending on how yields play out I kept some room to buy some more. As Blazin Blazin already said, why risk dividend stocks or JEPI when I can get decades of coupon payments with a low a risk as it comes.

Will be curious how tomorrow plays out and if the Speaker's chair being vacated adds more uncertainty to the market.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big P is right. I have been shouting this from the rooftops, but despite the declining revs, they sit on an immense pile of cash. They are the safest tech port in the storm. (Until they aren't anymore)

1696368169387.png