Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
GOOGL about the strongest chart I"m seeing right now.

My current take on the big 7
Strongest->Weakest
GOOGL->META->NVDA->MSFT->AMZN->TSLA->AAPL

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Of course market hits the area I wanted to take a stab at it during the overnight session. I hate gap up buys but will be watching open. I'll post if I buy but it will be a ST trade if I do. Even though its rather on the nose the market making a stand at the 200d is pretty much a given how much legs it will have I think will depend a lot on treasuries. Sentiment can turn really fast, as people are always eager for the pain to be over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ADP data hit and was well below expectations. 89k vs 150k expected. Dollar and yields cooled on this news. You must keep an eye on these, as if they start rounding back up, markets will come back under pressure. That said, we are extremely oversold on the daily on indexes (RSI & BBs). A bounce shouldnt be surprising here. How long that lasts is anyone's guess

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the MIC stocks taking a hit this morning. Gee I wonder why? Wonder if them having their spigot turned off in the House of Representatives might have something to do with it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Seeing a set up where we rally on bad data (YAY fed cuts), but then get hit with an oh shit pivot to bad news being bad news

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS just broke the Covid Black Monday low. Held my nose and grabbed some more.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is anyone looking at the REIT ETF's? Specifically REM?

I don't dabble too much in that area but keep a small position for dividends. REM is nearing support levels of around 20$, most recent(5-10 year) low was in the 10 range, but it has consistency bounced back to 20/30 and quickly. For instance from 4/20 to 4/21(1 year) one could have doubled their position with dividend along the way.

I'm considering taking a medium position here but where I am not at good at chart reading as the Blazin Blazin folks it may blow right through that support. I'm not overly stressed about it as it would just mean a longer hold for me which I am comfortable with, but this has some good potential as a mid/long term trade.

edit: I do understand a lot of people think real-estate, especially commercial in major cities are in for some rough times ahead as well. I have considered that but outside of the covid drop this has been a fairly consistent ticker

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is anyone looking at the REIT ETF's? Specifically REM?

I don't dabble too much in that area but keep a small position for dividends. REM is nearing support levels of around 20$, most recent(5-10 year) low was in the 10 range, but it has consistency bounced back to 20/30 and quickly. For instance from 4/20 to 4/21(1 year) one could have doubled their position with dividend along the way.

I'm considering taking a medium position here but where I am not at good at chart reading as the Blazin Blazin folks it may blow right through that support. I'm not overly stressed about it as it would just mean a longer hold for me which I am comfortable with, but this has some good potential as a mid/long term trade.

edit: I do understand a lot of people think real-estate, especially commercial in major cities are in for some rough times ahead as well. I have considered that but outside of the covid drop this has been a fairly consistent ticker
I have already said my peace on CRE. I personally think there are better investments than CRE in the current environment.

Specifically, REM has an EPS of -$14.60. Yes it has a dividend yield of 11%, but thats because its stock price has been gutted on that EPS and CRE fears. My honest opinion is unless something changes that dividend isnt sustainable. The reward isnt worth the risk. You can lock in Treasuries over 5% with as close to zero risk as exists in our market. You can lock in just under 7% with US Farm bonds with infinitesimally larger risk than Treasuries (though they are callable and they most likely dont run the full 20 years).

The current state of the market requires some styles of thinking we havent considered in a few decades.

1696434838681.png

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IWM is now negative YTD. After being down 22% in 2022.
The JEPI I bought in early Feb is still green and has made me a bunch of free money.

So my new investing theory is to just keep buying as many equities as I can afford while the dollar remains strong. There's no way the dollar stays this strong forever.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just bought some SPY for a trade
Winning...Will now trail with a stop. About to run into some resistance if we can clear this lvl could trigger multiple day relief and some "bottom is in" buying.

Underneath so far it's not a great bounce, Adv/Dec looks rather meh, IWM has now managed to go green.

Yields and dollar still red

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The JEPI I bought in early Feb is still green and has made me a bunch of free money.

So my new investing theory is to just keep buying as many equities as I can afford while the dollar remains strong. There's no way the dollar stays this strong forever.
If you're still in the accumulation phase, just keep buying.

I've told people many times, if something is $100 or $150 today doesn't matter when in 40 years when you actually need it it's $1000.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Winning...Will now trail with a stop. About to run into some resistance if we can clear this lvl could trigger multiple day relief and some "bottom is in" buying.

Underneath so far it's not a great bounce, Adv/Dec looks rather meh, IWM has now managed to go green.

Yields and dollar still red
Took my subway money , stopped right where I figured. Just staying very nimble right now, don't mind trading levels during a market like this

• 2Tendies
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
KO price was $55.95 in June of 2021.

KO price this morning is $54.09

The morale of this story is don't do coke.
Dude, you know better than this. KO is a dividend name, not a growth name. Think its safe to say Coca-Cola has hit global saturation quite some time ago. Then factor in healthier lifestyles, etc. This ticker isn't a grower by any stretch of the imagination.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude, you know better than this. KO is a dividend name, not a growth name. Think its safe to say Coca-Cola has hit global saturation quite some time ago. Then factor in healthier lifestyles, etc. This ticker isn't a grower by any stretch of the imagination.
I know. Add the dividends together and its like $3.68 so its made like $1.80 in stock price over the last two years :)