Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
MSFT stated growing Cloud revs in earnings yesterday, so there's speculation that has come at the expense of AMZN.
But it doesn't have to, that's what I'm saying. They both offer unique solutions. I'm a solution architect working for a company that's a platinum or gold partner for both.

Google doesn't really have 'products.' They have APIs, and generic compute. It's hard to explain without getting in the details.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My company, and many other companies, use both MSFT and AMZN. This is actually pretty typical. They offer different types of services enough to the point it actually seems like they are in cahoots. Mostly because ive been doing this whole tech thing for a really long time and managed services are a fucking scam. It takes longer and is harder to troubleshoot problems and develop actual solutions as a result. I wish we could go back to in house IT and homegrown solutions.

Oh, and all this bullshit and extra overhead (lol it's supposed to solve that), costs WAY fucking more.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
But it doesn't have to, that's what I'm saying. They both offer unique solutions. I'm a solution architect working for a company that's a platinum or gold partner for both.

Google doesn't really have 'products.' They have APIs, and generic compute. It's hard to explain without getting in the details.
GCP is hella underdeveloped right now. It's just not worth it, well apparently 89% of the time looking at market shares...

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know I should care, but Japans economy has been a dumpster fire for literally decades. I just can't generate any real caring about it at this point.
All beyond me, but I wonder why. They have a reputation for certain high quality products, plenty of social/other product exports. Is just weebs, optic lenses, and knives not enough to carry an economy I guess.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All beyond me, but I wonder why. They have a reputation for certain high quality products, plenty of social/other product exports. Is just weebs, optic lenses, and knives not enough to carry an economy I guess.
There have been books written about their decades long stagnant economy. It's a long story.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There have been books written about their decades long stagnant economy. It's a long story.
anchorman-go-on.gif

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So it used to be in times like these, people who get scared would put their money in either high dividend value stocks or bonds. But no one is buying value when bonds are yielding 5% and no one is buying bonds because who the fuck knows.

These are the times that separate the men from the boys in investing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So it used to be in times like these, people who get scared would put their money in either high dividend value stocks or bonds. But no one is buying value when bonds are yielding 5% and no one is buying bonds because who the fuck knows.

These are the times that separate the men from the boys in investing.
Quick reminder. Cash is a position. Especially when Fidelity is paying me 5% on it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess thats bad because idiots cant read the fine print? Dont let your Lowes card go past the 0% deadline, or all the interest is back dated. That seems like a pretty standard - "We'll let you finance this at 0%, but fucking pay for it in a timely manner you fucking mongoloid" kind of threat to me.

Im not 100% positive, but I believe my Lowes card and my Home Depot cards are both Synchrony Bank. I wouldnt be surprised that if I did some research on the issue this morning, that multiple retail franchises have their credit cards through Synchrony etc. Im just curious now whether Synchrony holds the default like insurance, for these cards. Or if Synchrony still holds the majority of interest rate, and Lowes gets just a small amount. Never really cared before, and still dont - but its interesting on a low level.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess thats bad because idiots cant read the fine print? Dont let your Lowes card go past the 0% deadline, or all the interest is back dated. That seems like a pretty standard - "We'll let you finance this at 0%, but fucking pay for it in a timely manner you fucking mongoloid" kind of threat to me.

Im not 100% positive, but I believe my Lowes card and my Home Depot cards are both Synchrony Bank. I wouldnt be surprised that if I did some research on the issue this morning, that multiple retail franchises have their credit cards through Synchrony etc. Im just curious now whether Synchrony holds the default like insurance, for these cards. Or if Synchrony still holds the majority of interest rate, and Lowes gets just a small amount. Never really cared before, and still dont - but its interesting on a low level.
Yeah Synchrony is the big of the retail credit card world. They do tons of retailer cards.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL breached the 200-DMA. GOOGL about 3% above its 200.

edit: Overnight low of SPY was 414. We are sitting just above it.

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My company, and many other companies, use both MSFT and AMZN. This is actually pretty typical. They offer different types of services enough to the point it actually seems like they are in cahoots. Mostly because ive been doing this whole tech thing for a really long time and managed services are a fucking scam. It takes longer and is harder to troubleshoot problems and develop actual solutions as a result. I wish we could go back to in house IT and homegrown solutions.

Oh, and all this bullshit and extra overhead (lol it's supposed to solve that), costs WAY fucking more.
We do alot of our database and infrastructure in aws then pipe it to azure for DI and analytics.

And no kidding on cost. Our DI team does 1 million a month in spend on just S3 cloudtrail write events. Not including the object or log storage costs. It's fucking insane. Capex looks alot more good return on investment with costs like that