Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did consider that I may have chosen my words poorly there. “Luckily” or perhaps “unfortunately” filled those shares.
We are down a heck of a lot on this pull in. Even if this isn’t the overall bottom, we are due for a bounce. Nothing ever moves in straight lines and we’ve baked a hell of a lot of negativity lately. Always worth a punt here when we are more than 10% down from the summer highs.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did consider that I may have chosen my words poorly there. “Luckily” or perhaps “unfortunately” filled those shares.
We are down a heck of a lot on this pull in. Even if this isn’t the overall bottom, we are due for a bounce. Nothing ever moves in straight lines and we’ve baked a hell of a lot of negativity lately. Always worth a punt here when we are more than 10% down from the summer highs.
Yep. I am sticking with my strat of adding on the support levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This is a good article that might explain a lot about labor numbers.

1698509681087.png

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So word from the drivers at our pack and ship store is that FedEx Express is getting shut down in some manner, since it’s apparently losing money. I have some shares (okay I think I have like one). Do I keep this thing because they’re apparently cutting the cruft and losing the money-losing parts of the company, or do I sell this thing because, holy shit, that sounds like a train wreck? Again, just rumors we’re hearing from employees apparently getting the heads up that they’re getting fired in January. They say FedEx Ground is staying, but not sure what that looks like. Anyone else hear shit about this? Am I hearing bullshit?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So word from the drivers at our pack and ship store is that FedEx Express is getting shut down in some manner, since it’s apparently losing money. I have some shares (okay I think I have like one). Do I keep this thing because they’re apparently cutting the cruft and losing the money-losing parts of the company, or do I sell this thing because, holy shit, that sounds like a train wreck? Again, just rumors we’re hearing from employees apparently getting the heads up that they’re getting fired in January. They say FedEx Ground is staying, but not sure what that looks like. Anyone else hear shit about this? Am I hearing bullshit?

AI write that?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Cutting unprofitable segments isn't necessarily a bad thing. Probably need more details.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is a good article that might explain a lot about labor numbers.

View attachment 497646

Taylor Lorenz is a certifiable nutball btw.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, but that doesn't change the content of the article.

Just saying if the person who wrote the article is nuts you might want to take the content with a grain of salt.

I hope it's accurate, personally. That article makes me super bullish for crypto in the very near future. That and Musk's continued obsession with making Web3 happen

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just saying if the person who wrote the article is nuts you might want to take the content with a grain of salt.

I hope it's accurate, personally. That article makes me super bullish for crypto in the very near future. That and Musk's continued obsession with making Web3 happen

Hyperloop 2.0.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hyperloop 2.0.

Exactly, Elon Musk is a master marketer and a competent engineer with an endless drive. It's just going to be Twitter, but now with Paypal 2.0 built in. Who the fuck is ever going to trust a company that for over a decade actively persecuted anyone who did not conform to San Fran values with all their money?

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hyperloop 2.0.

I was actually really stoked about that idea when I first read about it years ago. Still hope some form of it happens down the road- even it just ends up being a super fast train network for the US.

Bankless X could definitely be a hyperloop, but it could also be a tesla or space X. No one knows. Regardless of whether that one specific idea comes to fruition, I'm convinced we will get a version of Web3 in the near future and obviously crypto would be a big part of that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was actually really stoked about that idea when I first read about it years ago. Still hope some form of it happens down the road- even it just ends up being a super fast train network for the US.

Bankless X could definitely be a hyperloop, but it could also be a tesla or space X. No one knows. Regardless of whether that one specific idea comes to fruition, I'm convinced we will get a version of Web3 in the near future and obviously crypto would be a big part of that.
Hyperloop is not possible because physics. It's not a new idea, it's over two centuries old.

Also, Web3 isn't real.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hyperloop is not possible because physics. It's not a new idea, it's over two centuries old.

Also, Web3 isn't real.

Cool. Wasn't trying to argue the physics of hyperloop. Just saying I think the idea of a super fast train network across the US would be great.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Except planes are cheaper and faster than attempting to build thousands of miles of new track in the 21st century.

So it remains a cool hippy idea that's still pointless. Just look at any of the train projects in the USA in the past 40 years. Like California.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Web3 is fake. However, what Musk is trying to do with Twitter may have legs. An American WeChat is going to get authoritarians all hot and bothered... And we have plenty of those. I wouldn't discount the possibility of him getting a lot of support for this. Disregard the professional wrestling side of things, Musk is a self proclaimed communist and his goals align with globohomo pretty well IMO.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Seriously?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
TBF, there are a bunch of definitions for what Web3 is. I think it's one of those things that likely won't be truly defined until after it happens. My understanding is that a big part of the Web3 concept involves the tokenization of user-generated online content and the regular use of blockchain-based smart contracts. Defined pretty narrowly along those lines, I think there's a pretty decent shot of Web3 happening. Once you start expanding the concept of Web3 to include things like extreme forms of decentralization and interoperability, and leaving behind fiat currency completely, I think those things are much less likely.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Exactly, Elon Musk is a master marketer and a competent engineer with an endless drive. It's just going to be Twitter, but now with Paypal 2.0 built in. Who the fuck is ever going to trust a company that for over a decade actively persecuted anyone who did not conform to San Fran values with all their money?
Wtf does Elon know about PayPal and electronic money transfers.

:trollface:

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Like