Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You think the SEC would not only have some security in house to make sure that didn't happen but also numerous classes on how to avoid social engineering/hacking. Never mind. What was I thinking, government at work.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You think the SEC would not only have some security in house to make sure that didn't happen but also numerous classes on how to avoid social engineering/hacking. Never mind. What was I thinking, government at work.
As a fed I can confirm there are numerous classes on MFA/fishing/social engineering. There's also fed contractors who's job it is to random attempt to phish government employees so people who aren't following the rules can get identified and scheduled additional training.

I'll bet money his training was years out of date tho. Heck, I regularly just clear out the training of my employees. Some of them are too stupid to pass it anyways, and looks better when everyone's all up to date.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The SEC paper saying that pretty much immediately got deleted. Starting in one day seems very unlike anything involving the gov.

I'm still skeptical.
Sure, I guess the SEC could be pulling an elaborate scheme to wipe out leverage traders. Seems about their speed. Document is archived here though: Wayback Machine

1704922299038.png

Regarding trading beginning tomorrow, yea I dunno thats just what people are saying. We'll see.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sure, I guess the SEC could be pulling an elaborate scheme to wipe out leverage traders. Seems about their speed. Document is archived here though: Wayback Machine

View attachment 508534

Regarding trading beginning tomorrow, yea I dunno thats just what people are saying. We'll see.
I'm just saying, there are some very valid reasons to be skeptical of the SEC's security procedures atm, and that this document could be fake.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gary G announced the approval but he's salty af about it lol.

Yay. Now maybe I won't have to work until I'm 90.

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
Who’s gonna buy this stuff tomorrow?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Fidelity ETF looks best to me they're the only ones holding keys themselves rather than having Coinbase or Gemini do it. I'll prob sell all of my GBTC (1.5% fee) and buy Fidelity (0.39% I think). We'll have to see how it all shakes out first though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Fidelity ETF looks best to me they're the only ones holding keys themselves rather than having Coinbase or Gemini do it. I'll prob sell all of my GBTC (1.5% fee) and buy Fidelity (0.39% I think). We'll have to see how it all shakes out first though.

Post when ya do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m torn on going in myself, bc as a Bitcoin enthusiast I “feel” excited about this news.

And based on my own rules I should sale when I feel excited and buy when I feel depressed. But this is a blue ocean, so I wonder if an exception to the rule exists here.

What are the resident big brains doing the new ETF?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I personally ain't touching them for the reasons I stated earlier. Own the shit and lock it away, don't own shares of someone telling you that you have it and it's "safe".

But I'm a boomer so I have trust issues.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users