Investing General Discussion

Molten Core Raider
I had to read that twice to begin to understand it, apparently I am even dumber than I thought I was, but... it was an interesting read.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Delta Airlines announced it's looking at furloughs for pilots:

furloughs as travel demand is still languishing due to the coronavirus pandemic, the airline wrote in a letter Friday.

I'm thinking the stock will go down on Monday in which case I'm gonna buy some. It's at 26.59 now and I can see that going lower Monday on open since the story was put on Fri after close. If it gets in low 20s I'm gonna scoop some up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I'm thinking the stock will go down on Monday in which case I'm gonna buy some. It's at 26.59 now and I can see that going lower Monday on open since the story was put on Fri after close. If it gets in low 20s I'm gonna scoop some up.

Eu announces travel ban from USA even after the rona is over.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Furlough come Oct 1st are a foregone conclusion across all the airlines and I think were already priced into the stock price. They just have to give, contract wise, certain amount of advanced notice. This will help their bottom line to shed all those pilots for now, who make like 200k each and are not flying.

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Commercial real-estate...

We have financed several billion of limited service hotels with BX. As of the June remits, all of our deals were current. I would not be surprised to see them strategically walk away from lower performing portfolios/pools. Virtually all institutional-size commercial real estate lending is non-recourse to the ultimate owner, so the banks/lifecos/trusts can only look to seizing the collateral itself to repay the mortgages.

The more interesting story in CRE since COVID hit has been malls. The major mall operators (BPR, SPG, Macerich) were willing to bear a few months of store closures but beginning with the June servicer reports we started to see malls go on watchlist due to borrowers' requesting relief. Most of the enclosed malls I looked at had fewer than 40% of tenants paying, meaning they're way under a 1.00x DSCR.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We have financed several billion of limited service hotels with BX. As of the June remits, all of our deals were current. I would not be surprised to see them strategically walk away from lower performing portfolios/pools. Virtually all institutional-size commercial real estate lending is non-recourse to the ultimate owner, so the banks/lifecos/trusts can only look to seizing the collateral itself to repay the mortgages.

The more interesting story in CRE since COVID hit has been malls. The major mall operators (BPR, SPG, Macerich) were willing to bear a few months of store closures but beginning with the June servicer reports we started to see malls go on watchlist due to borrowers' requesting relief. Most of the enclosed malls I looked at had fewer than 40% of tenants paying, meaning they're way under a 1.00x DSCR.
Yeah I see no way malls on the whole survive this. Now there were already a lot of Zombie malls and this is the final nail in their coffin. I think Coronachan points out to everyone we dont need a big asses mall every 3 miles in most major cities. The malls who either lost their anchors already or had anchors but the anchors were close to belly up already are in real danger. The strong survive and probably flourish on the other side as their competition gets decimated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chesapeake Energy goes belly up. I bet the Robinhooders go wild buying it like they did HTZ.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SHLL trading st $29 in the pre-market. Up almost 20%. I think this rocket is about to go parabolic.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone interested, FB is trading st $209 in the pre-market. The advertising pulls I feel is less about "politics" and more about Coronachan eating away at companies and they are looking to save cash and using the "politcs" issue as the reason they are cutting back on advertising vs saying "our sales are way down and we are cutting spending". Pre-market low is $206. At this price its about 15% below 52 high of a week ago and analyst estimates. For those looking to buy a company on what I feel is a temporary speedbump, this might be an entry point.

Edit: forgot to add the 50 DMA is $198.22 and the 100 day support level is $206.98
There was a 115k share buy this morning at that $206.98 support level when it touched it. If it breaks below that it might fall to the $198 support. So that area of 198 -206 is the range I would watch today for entry if inclined.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
SHLL trading st $29 in the pre-market. Up almost 20%. I think this rocket is about to go parabolic.

Oh shit almost forgot about those options I got with how crazy the last few days I had were. A company specializing in making things that bubbas literally do in their garage with hand tools with a billion dollar market cap? I'm okay selling now.

For anyone interested, FB is trading st $209 in the pre-market. The advertising pulls I feel is less about "politics" and more about Coronachan

FB is playing a dangerous game at the moment. The leftist rage mob is definitely in full frenzy, but any tech company with half a brain needs to be absolutely TERRIFIED of the proposed regulations/definitions coming out of the DOJ. FB I think is trying to play it smart, but it's quite the quagmire they are in. Twitter is where you'll probably see bloodshed if it comes over the changes. Additionally, I think FB's market place is the first really good idea they've had in a while if they play it right, which is a nice change of pace from some of the just bizarre one's they've had over the years. It has the potential to be a pretty big winner in my opinion.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh shit almost forgot about those options I got with how crazy the last few days I had were. A company specializing in making things that bubbas literally do in their garage with hand tools with a billion dollar market cap? I'm okay selling now.

FB is playing a dangerous game at the moment. The leftist rage mob is definitely in full frenzy, but any tech company with half a brain needs to be absolutely TERRIFIED of the proposed regulations/definitions coming out of the DOJ. FB I think is trying to play it smart, but it's quite the quagmire they are in. Twitter is where you'll probably see bloodshed if it comes over the changes. Additionally, I think FB's market place is the first really good idea they've had in a while if they play it right, which is a nice change of pace from some of the just bizarre one's they've had over the years. It has the potential to be a pretty big winner in my opinion.
There are no options for SHLL.

I see this as a short term disruption for FB.