Investing General Discussion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
See this is why you yolo cheap stocks in your fun investment account sometimes. $210 for 100 shares of kodak 3 days ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NFIN Announcement today I believe.
Done.

1596033067643.png

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Breakered again at 50.6! Up 537%

Someone is going to get BURNED. Fuck me... all that profit I left on the table.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Aerospace stocks getting hammered due to BA results even though they all beat expectations themselves. There is some long term value available for those looking. GD, RTX for example.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Purely day trader FOMO. It will crash as soon as the breakers stop tripping on the rip up.

Just breakered at 60, and fell to 53.37. Watch this monster downward swing on re-open.

Molten Core Raider
all that profit I left on the table.
I looked at it yesterday midday after the morning 11.85ish spike and thought, thats crazy, wish I had seen that coming. Oh well, no sense in chasing. Besides, how much higher can it really go? 60.00 halted on the first red candle. Maybe I have an answer to that question?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Up about 1%. Still trading in its normal range.

I sold FVAC and took profit off the table. Thinking about buying back in if it hits below $12.50. I like the idea of it being the only rare earth play in the America's.

I mentioned this earlier with my Lynus purchase but:

Lynas Corp (LYC.AX) announced on Monday it has signed a contract with the US Department of Defense to begin initial design work for its heavy rare earth separation facility in Texas

What do people think of ASML? its down 3 percent today

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God damn. Breakered down again to 31.9. Imagine getting caught holding the bag with a buy at the top of this at 60? Curious where the support holds today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mentioned this earlier with my Lynus purchase but:
Lynus is an Aussie company trading around $2 that made a few pennies profit. Im going to ride the US company and see where it takes me. Hopefully they get a contract as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn. Breakered down again to 31.9. Imagine getting caught holding the bag with a buy at the top of this at 60? Curious where the support holds today.

Some dumb mfers going to have a bad time right now.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
INTC under $48 a share. The one lesson I have taught myself this year is to religiously cut my losers short. I think I am done with chip stocks. At this point I am sticking with my NVDA hodl position and thats it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some dumb mfers going to have a bad time right now.
but, but its up 274% today...

Robinhooders apparently don't understand what a circuit breaker is. They are blaming Robinhood for not letting them trade until the price has gone down so Robinhood "can make money".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
INTC under $48 a share. The one lesson I have taught myself this year is to religiously cut my losers short. I think I am done with chip stocks. At this point I am sticking with my NVDA hodl position and thats it.

Why sell it for such a loss? It’ll still make good dividends and start marching back upwards on their size and earnings. Unless you’re just trying to make your holdings as aggressive as possible I don’t really see a reason to sell it for a loss this quickly after a dip.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like it ultimately bounced off $27 and we are breakered up again at 34.35

Never seen volatility like this.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why sell it for such a loss? It’ll still make good dividends and start marching back upwards on their size and earnings. Unless you’re just trying to make your holdings as aggressive as possible I don’t really see a reason to sell it for a loss this quickly after a dip.

I am going to guess opportunity cost. Why sit on a loser waiting to make back your losses when the markets have other money making opportunities right now.

• 1Like