Investing General Discussion

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
Over the last two years I have bought 25 grand worth of Walmart stock. I have everything else in VDIGX at vanguard. I feel like my walmart money worst case is safe and I have seen steady growth but i'm betting that Walmart will move into next day or same day delivery as well as grocery delivery and when they do I expect the stock to explode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm ditching Amazon as much as possible. If Walmart doesn't give me knock off products and less SJW shit I'm all in. Fucking hated when Sam's did the BLM crap. Cussed out the manager at the local Sam's a few days after

• 1Picard
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
TSLA is in the ballpark of some private companies for what they actually profit. Not even public. Shit's crazy. In my lifetime has been a huge shift from companies that paid out dividends to those that drive up the stock price for the sake of "market share". This is in a whole new world.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Over the last two years I have bought 25 grand worth of Walmart stock. I have everything else in VDIGX at vanguard. I feel like my walmart money worst case is safe and I have seen steady growth but i'm betting that Walmart will move into next day or same day delivery as well as grocery delivery and when they do I expect the stock to explode.
I'm ditching Amazon as much as possible. If Walmart doesn't give me knock off products and less SJW shit I'm all in. Fucking hated when Sam's did the BLM crap. Cussed out the manager at the local Sam's a few days after

The only thing I go to buy at brick and mortars anymore is food. I buy all my other shit at Amazon unless its an emergency.

And honestly, they got me addicted with their Amazon Prime and the 5% cashback I get on every purchase with the Amazon Prime credit card from Chase. I end up with $50-$100 in free cash to spend there every 2 months.

But I was just looking at CapitalOne credit cards and saw this card and came here to post about it based on Walmart convo from this morning.... and I saw your 2 posts

1599012268139.png

Seems like a pretty solid deal if you're tired of Bezos

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Obviously don't follow my advice. I was offered a job to be the #4 person at a very small company by Jim Bernhard. I kept telling people it would be the next Enron they were gobbling up companies left and right every 5 minutes. I showed him...oh wait. Became a Fortune 500 company before they sold out, Shaw Industries lol. But he did buy me lunch about 8 years ago when he came to talk to my boss. Showed him.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Google Walmart Plus and then look at the stock today. It was rolled out today. Market reacted.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The only thing I go to buy at brick and mortars anymore is food. I buy all my other shit at Amazon unless its an emergency.

And honestly, they got me addicted with their Amazon Prime and the 5% cashback I get on every purchase with the Amazon Prime credit card from Chase. I end up with $50-$100 in free cash to spend there every 2 months.

But I was just looking at CapitalOne credit cards and saw this card and came here to post about it based on Walmart convo from this morning.... and I saw your 2 posts

View attachment 298721

Seems like a pretty solid deal if you're tired of Bezos
In my state at least, Amazon gives you the max hit for sales tax. So even with credit card reward possibilities, it's a last resort for me. Electronics can be ordered from Newegg or elsewhere tax free. I won't buy shampoo or razors off of Amazon anymore because a ton of it is fake garbage. Amazon has really lost most of its appeal to me recently. They also canceled the student membership that I was abusing. I'm considering just canceling my prime altogether.

• 2Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
In my state at least, Amazon gives you the max hit for sales tax. So even with credit card reward possibilities, it's a last resort for me. Electronics can be ordered from Newegg or elsewhere tax free. I won't buy shampoo or razors off of Amazon anymore because a ton of it is fake garbage. Amazon has really lost most of its appeal to me recently. They also canceled the student membership that I was abusing. I'm considering just canceling my prime altogether.

Yeah, i live in CA - pretty much every ecom has a nexus here. Online tax is practically inescapable.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
lol, my 10% trailing stop loss kicked in and just dumped all my TSLA shares

i made about 12% after all said and done. sucks.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
FVAC starting to get some legs underneath it. +10% this morning. Closing in on an all-time high.

Edit: probably based on this. We now have bipartisan legislation in both chambers. This might make it to law at some point.