Investing General Discussion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
if SpacX IPOs that's take out a line of credit and all in territory IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
if SpacX IPOs that's take out a line of credit and all in territory IMO.

Does spacex include starlink or whatever the internet shit they’re doing is called? That indeed seems like it would print money.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
He can target all he wants, I have a suspicion elon won't even give him the courtesy of saying no.
Im not sure you would think that. List it on the Nasdaq so it has multiple share classes, Elon gets the A shares and voting rights. He would also hold the majority of the shares post-merge which would then take off as soon as the SPAC announced it. VTIQ/NKLA went up 900% at its peak. Imagine what SpaceX would do pre-merge.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I still think if it went public, he'd do it on his terms and just IPO. He's already got all the money, though, and I don't see that happening either. TBH I think spacex is Elon's toy.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
TSLA announced $5 billion dollar stock offering. Down about 4% on the news. Not surprising. Taking advantage of the huge run-up in price.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bro you need to start a more yolo investment account. About 90% of my holdings are in ETFs. But I put $10k into an Etrade account in 2013 and just bought, bought, and kept buying. Now that account is worth six figures and it was just fun to do it. Nothing fancy, just buying shares here and there. The overall cost basis is just over $30k as I would put half my annual bonus at GM in it each year after taxes.
Eh, I mean, it's not like we're doing poorly. We're actually $9k off my original early retirement target this month, which a few years ago I figured we'd hit sometime around 2023 or 2024. Our taxable account is definitely not where it needs to be for us to start a Roth conversion ladder though (probably need about 4 years of spending in it for a 5 year ladder).

I'd never put enough into a "fun" account to be worthwhile. Like, had I thrown $10k in Tesla when you all were getting excited about the split, I'd have maybe $2-3k in earnings? I mean, that's cool and all, but our net worth went up over $50k this month (incl. contributions). The extra $2-3k would be gravy, but it's not even necessary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I got stopped out of CVS. I had it on a pretty short leash (about 6%). Makes me 0-2 on my last two trades. Might be time for a cigar, some rum and a statue of Jobu.

1598983060609.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There is something to battery day already being baked in...

There is nobody on Earth that thinks the valuation is reasonable in 2020, it's all vapor atm...

Might hold my remaining shares long term, because I do think it's going to eventually be worth more.

But damn it's overpriced

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
There is something to battery day already being baked in...

There is nobody on Earth that thinks the valuation is reasonable in 2020, it's all vapor atm...

Might hold my remaining shares long term, because I do think it's going to eventually be worth more.

But damn it's overpriced
I bought 1 share (or 0.2 shares pre-split) based strictly on riding the 50,00 Frenchmen cant be wrong theory. Until they are wrong. I fully expect to lose on this but its TSLA, who the fuck knows.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Lol at people freaking out because TSLA dropped 5% the day after going up 15%+

$600 Tesla by October.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lol at people freaking out because TSLA dropped 5% the day after going up 15%+

$600 Tesla by October.

There is nothing else in my play account to talk about... Lol

It's all Sans SPAC s and boring things like X and GE

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I've gone full WSB yOlO retard

Nothing can stop me and Daddy Musk when I got a 10% trailing stop loss order till 12/31/2020