Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Gaming Ghost>
I am starting to offload my industrials and take the profits off the board. I got the majority of the profit from Black Monday to now and going forward I dont see a lot of growth beyond their normal. A peaceful America under Trump for 4 more years is bad for the rocket and missile business. I will be happy with my 20-25% for six months and use the cash to fund something with higher growth potential.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So what TIME is this damn thing supposed to go live? I thought 11am but thats come and gone. Is it just a troll guessing game? I thought this shit was on a schedule.

Also I keep raising my limit order, someone stop me.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
So what TIME is this damn thing supposed to go live? I thought 11am but thats come and gone. Is it just a troll guessing game? I thought this shit was on a schedule.

Take that money and buy TSLA. its still probably a bad decision but it will be more fun watching it roller coaster and you get a cult membership card with your purchase.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

set a price alert for when it trades above $1. it will pop and alert you and let you know it is live.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
At its 2020 financial numbers, it loses a 1$ per share for every 300 million in revenue it gets. Elon must be getting jelly.

Sounds like you read some of the financials...

Is this because of debt? Seems contrary to what TJT TJT says about it being massively efficient to not have that same efficiency internally

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

There is no set time, they just keep trying to line up the orders for an orderly open. It will open when the market maker says it's ready.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
SNOW might IPO at 200? I was going to buy it today, but that was before it mooned. It might be the first company to announce a split before they IPO.

I guess I'll buy a few shares just to say I owned it from day 1.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Is this because of debt? Seems contrary to what TJT TJT says about it being massively efficient to not have that same efficiency internally

What I am referring to is sweat equity basically. If you're the first 10 to 100 people at a startup that makes it big part of taking the risk on that company/job at lower pay (sometimes) is that you get paid in equity via shares.

Sometimes this can get you a straight-up retirement amount of cash.

It's like this. Dave Employee #9 gets his equity in the form of being able to buy shares at $1. Even though the IPO went out the door at $100+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What I am referring to is sweat equity basically. If you're the first 10 to 100 people at a startup that makes it big part of taking the risk on that company/job at lower pay (sometimes) is that you get paid in equity via shares.

I'm referring to the massively efficient company that can't actually make profit on $300,000,000 in revenue...

Like, what the fuck.

I should read the financials myself, but it's... Worrisome?

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

I posted their financials here yesterday morning. It has nothing to do with what TJT TJT says about the product. In business its called acquisition costs. How much are they paying to grow revenue. Growth companies lose money while they grow revenue and the idea is they are "supposed" to stabilize that and actually make money on that revenue. Key word "supposed" to. See my previous post below.

RE: SNOW
I know next to nothing about the product/service. I did look at the IPO filings. Of 277 million shares being offered, 72 million are going to insiders at a price of $6.70 a share. The IPO price to non-insiders is $80 a share. This includes Berkshire Hathaway and Salesforce. It's launching with a two tiered voting structure. Insiders stock gets 10 votes, outsiders get 1 vote. I won't be buying. Im not saying its a bad investment or everyone wont make money. For me personally, I dislike two tiered vote structures and I dislike the traditional IPO system which bones retail investors. Also while their revenue is increasing, their loss is increasing with it. They lost $4.67 per share on $96,666 revenue in 2019 and they lost $7.77 per share on $264,748 revenue in 2020. The loss per dollar of revenue is decelerating, but still really high. This is why I tend to roll to SPACS. Their structure is more evenly weighted for retail investors. Good luck everyone. Make much green.

View attachment 302629

View attachment 302628

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

It's like this. Dave Employee #9 gets his equity in the form of being able to buy shares at $1. Even though the IPO went out the door at $100+
This is how I ended up with ownership in my two businesses. Cut my salary for a number of years and converted it to equity.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
I'm referring to the massively efficient company that can't actually make profit on $300,000,000 in revenue...

Like, what the fuck.

I should read the financials myself, but it's... Worrisome?
It actually lost 7$ per share on 2.5 billion in revenue. I averaged it down to a per dollar number. The good news is that the cost per revenue rate decelerated from 2019. That is a positive they need to continue. in 2019 it lost $4 per share on like 900 million revenue.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Worst case scenario for Snowflake is that their growth halters but they would still have enough hooks in companies around the globe to never really go out of business. Because database technology becomes monolithic in any company if given enough time. This is why ancient products like the 1980s mainframes, 1990s versions of Oracle, and all kinds of shit are still used in frightening quantities.

My company is talking about wanting to move to Google Cloud BigQuery. But the reason for it is because of the utterly retarded way you have to do business with Google. We are moving our product to the Google Cloud Marketplace and one of the conditions of being allowed on the GCP is that we have to spend $X amount over 4 years (over $1M per year essentially) or they pull the rug out from under us.

There are ways to mitigate that but they're all retarded too. This is the kind of shit you can pull if you're Amazon or Google.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Something tells me there will be a sharp crash very soon after open of SNOW as the masses tell themselves "this is way overpriced, ill rebuy when it drops".