Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How my SNOWflakes doing today?

that open price is (was) insanity.

1600276802779.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
bought 1 share at open for 245, then got caught up and put a market order for 5 more shares. Did not understand what would happen at the end of the volatility halt, price jumped to 300 and my market order hit then.... instantly put a trailing stop loss that hit at 260.

So lost a quick $200 all up, and thats enough IPO education for me for today!
1st - Im sorry you got bit like that.
2nd - Market orders are the Debil. Don't ever use them.
3rd - If you are dealing with a high volatility stock and are considering using market orders, log out of your account to remove the temptation.
4th - IPO day is like a riptide. Avoid the water unless you are a superior swimmer and also understand how to swim sideways.
5th - Shit like today is why one of the golden rules in investing is leave emotions out of the equation. Today is lots of FOMO by both retailers and professionals. Meanwhile BRKB and CRM got theirs at $80. That tells you how they valued the company. Its why I dont own RPRX. It was worth $27-28. It opened at $40. That doesnt change that it was valued at $27. Sometimes the best stock purchase is the one you don't make.

Again, sorry you got hammered.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
1st - Im sorry you got bit like that.
2nd - Market orders are the Debil. Don't ever use them.
3rd - If you are dealing with a high volatility stock and are considering using market orders, log out of your account to remove the temptation.
4th - IPO day is like a riptide. Avoid the water unless you are a superior swimmer and also understand how to swim sideways.
5th - Shit like today is why one of the golden rules in investing is leave emotions out of the equation. Today is lots of FOMO by both retailers and professionals. Meanwhile BRKB and CRM got theirs at $80. That tells you how they valued the company. Its why I dont own RPRX. It was worth $27-28. It opened at $40. That doesnt change that it was valued at $27. Sometimes the best stock purchase is the one you don't make.

Again, sorry you got hammered.

Oh I knew I was swimming in uncharted waters, i only lost $187 or so in the end, its all good. I wanted just a taste of the high rollers lyfe.

(and now I have a tad bit of experience for Palantir.... which i'd like to actually hold.)

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Oh I knew I was swimming in uncharted waters, i only lost $187 or so in the end, its all good. I wanted just a taste of the high rollers lyfe.

(and now I have a tad bit of experience for Palantir.... which i'd like to actually hold.)
Next time you want adventure just Venmo me the money instead and I will send you some "Belle Delphine bath water" :p

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Did your sell your GE & X? Lol
I did not own those thankfully. I see GE is moving a bit today because maybe they hit positve cashflow next quarter. I did sell my GD and RTX. I was going to sell my LMT also but hesitated. I have covered calls out on my DAL with a 38 strike that expire next week. Gonna see what happens with that.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
"Fed plans to keep key interest rate near zero through 2023" - Live Fed Blog

giphy.gif

edit: Time to sell my JPM I think.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
"Fed plans to keep key interest rate near zero through 2023" - Live Fed Blog

giphy.gif

The silver lining is the market likes to show the fed who is really in charge in the long run. Markets can force the Fed off this stance. Fed is a follower not a leader.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
The silver lining is the market likes to show the fed who is really in charge in the long run. Markets can force the Fed off this stance. Fed is a follower not a leader.
Banks aren't tanking on the news. Almost like insiders knew this was coming and had already priced it on the dip late last week.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
NFIN/Triterras Fintech

Triterras Fintech Reports $5 Billion in Total Transaction Volume on its Kratos Platform in the First Six Months of Fiscal 2020, Reaffirms its Full Year Projections
BY PR Newswire
— 8:00 AM ET 09/16/2020
SINGAPORE, Sept. 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Triterras Fintech Pte Ltd. ("Triterras Fintech"), a leading fintech company for commodity trading and trade finance, today announced that its Kratos™ marketplace facilitated approximately $5 billion of total trade and trade finance volume in the six months ended August 31, 2020, which represents an additional $2.1 billion of volume from the $2.9 billion of total transaction volume in the first four months of its fiscal year 2020.

Kratos is one of the world's largest commodity trading and trade finance platforms that connects and enables commodity traders to trade and source capital from lenders directly online. Triterras Fintech monetizes the Kratos platform by charging fees to its users on both trade and trade finance volumes.

"We are on track to meet or exceed our initial fiscal year 2020 projections that were released in July 2020," said Triterras Fintech Chairman and CEO Srinivas Koneru. "We enter the second half of the fiscal year with solid operating momentum, giving us confidence in our fiscal year 2021 projections."

Koneru added: "We are encouraged by the trajectory of both our respective trade and trade finance volumes and fees, as traders and lenders continue to realize significant business benefits from our Kratos platform. The small and medium sized enterprise (SME) trade and trade finance market is very large and our platform is designed to address the $1.5 trillion estimated annual trade finance shortfall."

On July 29, 2020, Triterras Fintech signed a definitive agreement to become a public company through a business combination with Netfin Acquisition Corp. ( NFIN). The business combination has been unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both Netfin and Triterras Fintech and is estimated to close in late October 2020 with the combined company's ordinary shares and warrants to be listed on Nasdaq under the symbols TRIT and TRITW, subject to regulatory and shareholder approvals and other customary closing conditions.