Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If PLTR was a standard IPO we would be paying like $30 a share for this shit as all the "special investors" got their shit at $7.25 and sold it at the open for 30$

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They had to have queue'd the orders, I had mine at 10 but I didn't submit it till right as it opened. Like immediately and missed it.
I made my first orde rpre- open and then tweaked the price like 4 or 5 times over the morning.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Roughly the same price increase at the open as ASAN. Both opened about 35%-ish above the projected price.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I got in for about half the shares I planned to buy at $10.96. Will sit on other half and see how the next week or two plays out.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Can you show your order fill at 10? Almost no shares traded at 10
1601489667903.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Let's see if we get a test of 10 on PLTR and how traders respond to every person who bought today being in the red.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They had to have queue'd the orders, I had mine at 10 but I didn't submit it till right as it opened. Like immediately and missed it.

...edit was dumb of me not to have the order placed prior to open. Looks like they handled all the orders prior to open at 10 as one block, a giant 58M share block
Looks like you will get your chance to fill at $10 shortly. The Robinhooders have cut bait.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Glad I only bought half. I feel like I should get the rest now, but I feel greedy. Gimme sub $9

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can't make this shit up...

Looks like the crash might be been insiders finally able to dump all their shares at the same time.

Molten Core Raider
Wait, I'm new to this and all, but if the insiders were all trying to dump shares on opening, that doesn't project confidence in their product?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait, I'm new to this and all, but if the insiders were all trying to dump shares on opening, that doesn't project confidence in their product?
Not really. PLTR has been rewarding employees with stock instead of high salaries. its pretty standard with start-ups. This is their chance to finally convert those shares and make some money for the years they have been there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm no expert, but, if you work for a private company and are given equity. When you CAN sell you're likely to do so with at least some to diversify. I guess it being good/bad depends on just how much the insiders try to sell?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users