Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
ROFL. 91 cents.

1601494910322.png

Molten Core Raider
Ahh ok, got it. Thanks guys, guess the diversity issue makes sense. Knew it was not uncommon to pay with shares, didnt know it was not unusual for them to sell on IPO. I havent really paid much attention to IPOs so... thanks again!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I got greedy and lusted for more (just like Saruman..) and should of sold at 11+ and now must hold!!!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ahh ok, got it. Thanks guys, guess the diversity issue makes sense. Knew it was not uncommon to pay with shares, didnt know it was not unusual for them to sell on IPO. I havent really paid much attention to IPOs so... thanks again!
IPOs have lock-up periods for insiders. In this case 20% or so of the shares are elligible to be sold and the rest are locked up until after they report 2020 earnings in January-ish.

This is also a direct listing and not a standard IPO. in a standard all the insider shares are locked and new shares are sold to investors who them sell them on the market. In direct listings no new shares are created. instead the insiders are allowed to sell some of their shares to the public.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got greedy and lusted for more (just like Saruman..) and should of sold at 11+ and now must hold!!!!!
I wasn't looking to flip. That being said if it hit 13 or so I would have definitely thought about it, but 1.40 a share wasn't enough to tempt me.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought some @ $9.75. I don't normally participate in these RH type trades but I like the cut of their jib

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought some @ $9.75. I don't normally participate in these RH type trades but I like the cut of their jib
I personally support any CEO who tells Lib Silicon Valley to go fuck themselves. I dont know why they picked Lib Denver though. Couldnt find space in Texas or Florida?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I personally support any CEO who tells Lib Silicon Valley to go fuck themselves. I dont know why they picked Lib Denver though. Couldnt find space in Texas or Florida?

NOt sure the history if they started out there, 17 yrs ago CO wasn't the liberal haven it has become now

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NOt sure the history if they started out there, 17 yrs ago CO wasn't the liberal haven it has become now
It started in Palo Alto (doesnt every one?). I dont recall reading why they chose to CO as the destination when they announced going public and flipped off Silicon Valley in the prospectus.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
17 yrs ago CO wasn't the liberal haven it has become now
Its called California locust. Retards fleeing California and bringing their liberal voting habits is the cause of so many states turning purple/blue.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Moved some into energy. Hopefully the election goes off and doesn't take forever and the virus panic dies down. Come spring looking for energy to make a comeback as pent up demand people hit the road and buy houses. Maybe.

Tokyo stock exchange down for a while. Lot of big network outages as of late.

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Glad I skipped out on PLTR. I like Thiel and the company doesn't look bad, but the structure of the stock looks terrible to me. Any company that practically incentivizes dumping common stock doesn't make much sense to me. There's no dividend, and with practically no voting power, there's little reason for insiders to hold any or for there to be buybacks in the future.

I prefer stocks where the leaders need to keep their chops in the game and have their own money on the line based on what they do. This feels like just a cash grab.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the NKLA/GM deal isn't official and they're still negotiating on the details. NKLA is soaring irrationally for some reason. Looks like an opportunity to buy some puts, cause I can definitely see GM torpedoing that clownshow of a company.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Glad I skipped out on PLTR. I like Thiel and the company doesn't look bad, but the structure of the stock looks terrible to me. Any company that practically incentivizes dumping common stock doesn't make much sense to me. There's no dividend, and with practically no voting power, there's little reason for insiders to hold any or for there to be buybacks in the future.

I prefer stocks where the leaders need to keep their chops in the game and have their own money on the line based on what they do. This feels like just a cash grab.
To some extent it is a cash grab. Nearly all the employees have been getting stock as a portion of their compensation and they have been underpayed for years because of it compared to other silicon companies they could migrate to. This lets them keep talent.

As to the rest, for any other company I abhor the split voting rights, in this case my understanding is this makes sure that down the road activist investors/shareholders don't decide helping our government catch bad guys is no bueno and push to stop that work (like GOOG and some others have done). Its an investment decision that I looked at hard and I think for many it will be something they pass on. I equate it in some ways to tobacco companies. I refuse to own them. Many will feel the same about PLTR.

Its holding the expected range today (9.25-10.5) and I guess itwill meander around here for a while. The volume though is crazy and above what I expected.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently the NKLA/GM deal isn't official and they're still negotiating on the details. NKLA is soaring irrationally for some reason. Looks like an opportunity to buy some puts, cause I can definitely see GM torpedoing that clownshow of a company.
NKLA at $22 a share because... Why exactly? Honestly I can't figure it out. Granted I fully admit I just bought PLTR and they are losing hundreds of millions right now. But at least I trust them when they say they are losing hundreds of millions. Thiel isnt out there pulling a Trevor predicting they will have magical orbs that can read criminal's minds by the end of 2022.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NKLA at $22 a share because... Why exactly? Honestly I can't figure it out. Granted I fully admit I just bought PLTR and they are losing hundreds of millions right now. But at least I trust them when they say they are losing hundreds of millions. Thiel isnt out there pulling a Trevor predicting they will have magical orbs that can read criminal's minds by the end of 2022.

NKLA's chief engineer of developing theoretical hydrogen fuel cell technology never went to college and poured concrete for a living prior to his NKLA job. Palantir is definitely more of a company than Nikola.