Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No safe havens today. I will be surprised to see anything in the SP500 in the green today. TSLA picked a bad day to beat expectations on deliveries. The real question for me is if the market can find a floor and stabilize. Hopefully support levels hold.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR

Palantir Technologies Bags $36 Million Contract
07:29 AM EDT, 10/02/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Palantir Technologies(PLTR) said early on Friday it was awarded a $36 million, one-year contract from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences for enterprise data integration and data management.

The indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract is for supporting the NCATS' Secure Scientific Platforms Environment, according to a statement. The SSPE supports critical health missions through the integration, management, security, and analysis of any kind of scientific data.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
there is a LONG way to go in the day but markets are not down as much as I thought they would be with trump getting coronavirus.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think it's pretty safe to say at this point, the market doesn't care about COVID-19

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Pelosi saying stimulus looking better and at the very least a separate package for airlines almost guaranteed. Travel mooning on the news. (thank the lord, because I got margins to pay off from my PLTR lust)

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pelosi saying stimulus looking better and at the very least a separate package for airlines almost guaranteed. Travel mooning on the news. (thank the lord, because I got margins to pay off from my PLTR lust)
Some staffer just told Nancy those 100,000 or so airline workers about to get shitcanned are all union employees. Bingo, standalone airline bailout bill. They are nothing if not predictable.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think it's pretty safe to say at this point, the market doesn't care about COVID-19
I think the majority of today is about the weak job numbers. Once they said the symptoms were mild the coronoa worry lessened on the market. Less than 700k jobs recovered is big though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some staffer just told Nancy those 100,000 or so airline workers about to get shitcanned are all union employees. Bingo, standalone airline bailout bill. They are nothing if not predictable.
I mean, you think the opposite doesn't happen? Some staffer just told McConnell that if they don't do X all the donations are gonna dry up!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean, you think the opposite doesn't happen? Some staffer just told McConnell that if they don't do X all the donations are gonna dry up!
Of course it happens. I'm just pointing this out as she has refused to curve out anything from the 2+ trillion omnibus bill.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fucking TSLA. I knew I should have stuck to my +5% / -5% strategy but I got greedy ahead of the delivery numbers and held it after I was up almost 7%.

What do I keep saying about pigs and hogs?

1601682401101.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Took my gains with Deere. Couldn't figure out what was baked into the rise.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had hoped for a big infrastructure bill to push industrials and the like up biggly. Then Coronachan got us printing trillions for "survival" and I now don't see an appetite for a big infrastructure bill in the future. Fuck our roads and bridges.

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I had hoped for a big infrastructure bill to push industrials and the like up biggly. Then Coronachan got us printing trillions for "survival" and I now don't see an appetite for a big infrastructure bill in the future. Fuck our roads and bridges.

Still think there is a chance of this next year regardless of who wins, and as a positive people will tolerate it being much bigger. They use to bulk at 60B now we can make it 600B and they'll be like that/s it?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah no matter who there is going to be a big push for infrastructure.

• 1Like