Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It "appears" that PLTR may have finally flushed out most of the stock sales from insiders. Their first coverage with a target price of $13 definitely helped. I had an order to buy more at $8.75 but it bottomed at $8.90 Option open interest appears bullish now that we have some activity. I am thinking of selling out of the money puts and see where it takes me.

View attachment 308364

Which strike price are you going to go with?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Which strike price are you going to go with?
Depending on how the stock acts today I am looking at the $7.50 November. I am happy owning the stock at about $7 a share which is right around the 2019 equity funding value.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Walmart to sell Medicare plans in latest healthcare push​

BY Reuters
— 11:27 AM ET 10/06/2020

Oct 6 (Reuters) - Walmart Inc (WMT) said on Tuesday it would sell Medicare insurance plans in 50 states and Washington D.C. through its broker, marking the U.S. retailer's latest move into the healthcare space.
Walmart Insurance Services LLC, which was launched in July, will offer policies from health insurers such as Humana Inc (HUM) , UnitedHealth Group (UNH) and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield from Oct. 15-Dec. 7, the company said.
Medicare Advantage plans cater to Americans older than 65 and those with disabilities.
The company already operates health centers across the United States, offering low-cost services such as dental care and counseling.
Walmart's (WMT) move comes at a time when health insurers face rising costs as Americans catch up on less urgent surgeries delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hospitals rescheduled elective surgeries to reduce the burden on the healthcare system as coronavirus cases surged, while some patients canceled appointments to avoid potential contraction of the respiratory illness caused by the virus. (Reporting by Noor Zainab Hussain in Bengaluru; Editing by Ramakrishnan M.)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I punched out of my UNH position. Its historical gains are around 10% annually and I was up 30% for the year. Back to Jan 2, it was up about 10% so may not be much more growth for the year and holding a health insurance conglomerate into the election has me skittish. Also as hospitals and doctors have opened up, more elective procedures are happening which will impact their results. If I can catch it on a deep dip I will probably move back in but I think it is close to peak here.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was interesting to see how much of the market was hanging onto a stimulus agreement. Now again today Trump signals if it's $1200 for everyone and not state bailouts the market is moving up again. Also interesting to see how much of the energy sector was holding onto a bailout I guess for the airlines.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My money tends to go in on tuesday. Gotta love when the market tosses you bonus money.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold some covered calls on DAL again expiring next week. Way out of the money ($38 strike). I am betting it doesn't skyrocket after earnings on Weds. If it does, meh I made some decent coin on it over the last 6 months.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NFIN supposed to close merger with Triterras at the end of this month. Got its first analyst coverage with a price target of $18. Triterras announced today a deal with the one of world's largest Insurance brokers to provide digitized access to credit insurance. NFIN up almost 2% today. Still undervalued in my opinion.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It "appears" that PLTR may have finally flushed out most of the stock sales from insiders. Their first coverage with a target price of $13 definitely helped. I had an order to buy more at $8.75 but it bottomed at $8.90 Option open interest appears bullish now that we have some activity. I am thinking of selling out of the money puts and see where it takes me.

Crop the bottom of this attachment, it has your Account # on it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Real dumb question but how the fuck do I write off my worthless HMNY (Moviepass owner) shares? Obviously can't trade them on the market but I want the loss netted against my gains this year

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Real dumb question but how the fuck do I write off my worthless HMNY (Moviepass owner) shares? Obviously can't trade them on the market but I want the loss netted against my gains this year

Do they still show in your brokerage account, you should still be able to sell them on the otcbb . I just looked trading for $0.0006/share today.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was able to sell my PLTR today at 10.40, had gotten in at 10. Took the money and sold a covered put at the november 10$ strike. I figure worst case scenario I get the stock back at my original buy in with my 4% gain and the 1.5$ premium per share.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ok i'll tell my PLTR story. Bought 4k shares @10 opening day, then the next few days dollar cost averaged it down to 9.50ish a share for 7k shares. When it popped I set a trailing stop loss on 2k shares and it hit around 9.8 or so. So make a few hundred and got the share # amount I want long term at under IPO.

I'm trying to read about covered calls and what not, but not sure if I should be tempted to go down that road. It just ups and risk and rewards overall right?

I'm happy holding my 5k shares long term. IF it crashes back down to 9, i'll buy more and repeat what I did above and get my DCA down more. This is my pie in the sky holding. Part of me WANTS it to crash back to 9 so I can buy more, but maybe thats foolish.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ok i'll tell my PLTR story. Bought 4k shares @10 opening day, then the next few days dollar cost averaged it down to 9.50ish a share for 7k shares. When it popped I set a trailing stop loss on 2k shares and it hit around 9.8 or so. So make a few hundred and got the share # amount I want long term at under IPO.

I'm trying to read about covered calls and what not, but not sure if I should be tempted to go down that road. It just ups and risk and rewards overall right?

I'm happy holding my 5k shares long term. IF it crashes back down to 9, i'll buy more and repeat what I did above and get my DCA down more. This is my pie in the sky holding. Part of me WANTS it to crash back to 9 so I can buy more, but maybe thats foolish.
5k shares? I hope PLTR is just one piece of a well diversified portfolio and you're not leveraging too much on a brand new IPO.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
5k shares? I hope PLTR is just one piece of a well diversified portfolio and you're not leveraging too much on a brand new IPO.

I'm not touching my work 401k. The PLTR is a large chunk of my individual account, but like Denethor steward of Gondor says: "Much must be risked in war..."