Investing General Discussion

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
In AMD news;

Seems like a massive buy considering how AMD itself was valued just 3-4 years ago. Even now at near record highs AMDs only worth 100 billion.

Makes me worry. AMD overpaid for ATI, and it very nearly killed them. Hopefully AMD's negotiators are proceeding more cautiously this time.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
More down than up. No stimulus (again), Coronachan cases rising in Europe and parts of US as te weather cools off and now three different vaccine trials on hold because 1 person got sick in some way that may or may not be influenced by the vaccine. Unemployment numbers ticked up too. There is basically no good news so far today (except earnings which are getting overshadowed).

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Well decided to double down on my post election market bet. Spy puts with a strike of 330 for November 20th Alex!
Cashed out today for a 27% gain. I am a coward at heart and never go in deep on my gambles heh

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NFIN since the first analyst started coverage and gave it an $18 price target.

10-day chart

1602789368626.png

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The democrats having congress and the presidency = stimulus.

If they get the White House, but not the Senate, Republicans will all the sudden want to be fiscally responsible again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
More down than up. No stimulus (again), Coronachan cases rising in Europe and parts of US as te weather cools off and now three different vaccine trials on hold because 1 person got sick in some way that may or may not be influenced by the vaccine. Unemployment numbers ticked up too. There is basically no good news so far today (except earnings which are getting overshadowed).

France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany all heading straight to lockdown town again.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Retail sales number up. I predict a last push upwards for the markets before a tank due to a combo of the election and the weather pushing up Coronachan numbers that spook people.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As I've mentioned before, I deal with money to south america a lot, so figured I'd mention that Argentina is up to its usual tricks. The official exchange rate hasn't moved much, but the unofficial one is flying out of control. 1664% yearly inflation over the past month, that's worse than Venezuela for the past month. The country is definitely on the path of becoming the start a total mess within a few years. Companies with factories in Argentina (like toyota) or industries tied to their major export (soy beans) could be affected. When the unofficial and official currencies diverge so much, it really is mostly just a disaster for anyone who wants to do legitimate business there.

Argentina is a shithole, but a nice shithole, so sad to see it happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started scrapping some chips off the table. Some positions are up against resistance and have had a nice run this year. I am still real bullish but for the next few weeks I am pulling off some profits so I can drop the hammer on an election confusion correction if it happens.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im in the process of rolling over a 401k and consolidating stuff over to fidelity, so I guess it can't hurt to hit the pause button for a couple weeks before I reinvest

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did a side-by-side comparison of QQQ vs SPY (IVV) and was truly shocked how far the IVV lagged the QQQ over the last 10 years (from the 2008 crash). I have decided to swap out the IVV and move it into the QQQ. Tech heavy and less companies, but those increased returns are staggering.