Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
No, he sells kitco and apmex for years. I'm just trying to help him find a way to get better prices. But maybe selling through the big guys is just safest and the cost of dealing with these, liquidity wise. I DO KNOW he was scammed by a buyer on ebay once who sent back a empty package for a full refund. And ebay/paypal and the post office all did jack shit.
JM bullion is widely accepted as a high quality reputable bullion dealer and offers low spreads and purchases at pretty much spot. For buying gold there's at least a few mints known for quality products (canada/australia) that sell at a reasonable cut above spot. I think if the spreads were 4x what these places offer I'd still go with them over ebay or reddit pms. As someone who made a living for over a decade selling currency in online games, you best be prepared to get scammed a lot. I was happy as fuck to take a 25% cut to sell to a reliable buyer. I couldn't imagine living with that sort of bullshit risk selling 2000$ coins. Probably all scammers both sellers and buyers.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's a good method for quickly comparing options ROR that you guys use? Right now I'm doing everything manually using active trader pro, going through my watchlist, and putting all the bids/strikes into an excel sheet

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What's a good method for quickly comparing options ROR that you guys use? Right now I'm doing everything manually using active trader pro, going through my watchlist, and putting all the bids/strikes into an excel sheet

I just use excel as well

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Real men eyeball it.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Excel

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL up 5% because they are announcing a phone tomorrow. SMH.

Edit: +6.5%

They should alternate announcing a stock split and a new phone every 3 months.

Last edited:

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Well decided to double down on my post election market bet. Spy puts with a strike of 330 for November 20th Alex!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS announces after hours reorg of its media arm into a single department to focus on streaming and Hulu/Disney+
Shares +5% after the announcement.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Heh, that article really is a joke. It's gotta be a joke right?
What's wrong with it? Why should pension operators be allowed to invest into stupid enviro funds and siphon off lots of money in high fees and then have the gov foot their pension bill when it collapses? If joe shmoe wants to put their own 401k money in an ESG they'll still be able to. This is applies to fiduciaries, not us.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Earnings season has arrived. Big names include
JPM double beat top and bottom
JNJ double beat top and bottom
C double beat top and beat
DAL double fail top and bottom

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
What's wrong with it? Why should pension operators be allowed to invest into stupid enviro funds and siphon off lots of money in high fees and then have the gov foot their pension bill when it collapses? If joe shmoe wants to put their own 401k money in an ESG they'll still be able to. This is applies to fiduciaries, not us.

I think Khane Khane is trying to say that it would be a joke for a fiduciary to sacrifice one hundredth of a percent of a return in the name of social justice or green ideology. Your job as a fiduciary is to make money, not lose it for the 'right causes' and if that needs to be codified into law then that is a joke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Vaccine for what?

I don't think anyone is giving a shit about WuFlu anymore.

Only threat is if Biden wins.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a bloodbath for airlines and cruises today, I had some puts on CCL that'll probably be assigned at this rate

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Vaccine for what?

I don't think anyone is giving a shit about WuFlu anymore.

Only threat is if Biden wins.
JNJ reported a temp halt on late stage trial because someone got sick. They cant do anything until they find out what type of sick they are or if it has anything to do with the vaccine.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's a bloodbath for airlines and cruises today, I had some puts on CCL that'll probably be assigned at this rate
I closed out my DAL calls early at 2 cents when it dumped. Selling covered calls on these stocks is like free money. You can almost bank on some bad news hitting them every week or two.