Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nvidia down from 580 to 506, kinda suprised to see them and AMD down so much since they're not one of the 100% "stay at home" stocks. Anyone gonna buy in and at what price?
I'll add more down around 460-475. Its got support at 528 on the 50 DMA so it might pop back up above that or if not drop down to that 460-ish range

1605024532504.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Always stick with the plan. Always. I had planned to sell TSLA at $450 and then buy it back on the next dip. I got greedy yesterday and bumped it to $460. It hit $452 and then reversed with everything else and we hit $396 this morning. Pissed away almost 15% in gain.

Always stick with the plan.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Always stick with the plan. Always. I had planned to sell TSLA at $450 and then buy it back on the next dip. I got greedy yesterday and bumped it to $460. It hit $452 and then reversed with everything else and we hit $396 this morning. Pissed away almost 15% in gain.

Always stick with the plan.

So true, I just stopped myself from FOMOing into the zoom dip. My plan was to stop speculative trades that require me to overleverage with margin after my airline/cruiseline play was over. Time to step away from the computer.

Also fuck alibaba! bought yesterday at 291 and now its down down down.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So true, I just stopped myself from FOMOing into the zoom dip. My plan was to stop speculative trades that require me to overleverage with margin after my airline/cruiseline play was over. Time to step away from the computer.

Also fuck alibaba! bought yesterday at 291 and now its down down down.
Lot of shit going on w/ Jack Ma and the ANT IPO. BABA owns like 35% of ANT so the volatility there is crazy right now.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah saw that, when does it power up into its Final Form?
I dont know the exact date, I need to check. but after the vote it should just be a matter of weeks.

edit "as soon as practicable"

The closing of the business combination is subject to approval by Netfin’s shareholders and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions and is expected to close as soon as practicable following the Extraordinary General Meeting.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Read a story about WIFI 6 being on the horizon along with the push to 5G, and Realtek being one of the bigger players to capitalize on it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WMT / GM

Walmart Partners With General Motors' Cruise to Test Self-Driving Delivery Service in Arizona
MT NEWSWIRES 11:26 AM ET 11/10/2020
Symbol Last Price Change
WMT 145.365up +1.825 (+1.2714%)
GM 40.93up +1.97 (+5.0565%)
QUOTES AS OF 11:26:15 AM ET 11/10/2020
11:26 AM EST, 11/10/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Walmart(WMT) said Tuesday it has partnered with Cruise, a majority-owned subsidiary of General Motors(GM) , to test a delivery service in Arizona using a self-driving car, starting in early 2021.

Cruise operates an entire fleet of all-electric cars powered with 100% renewable energy.

Price: 40.91, Change: +1.95, Percent Change: +5.01

MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I said it a month or two ago when I looked into GM and the battery tech they were working on. I thought their NKLA deal was a bit baffling, but otherwise GM seems to be doing all the right things. This is just more evidence that makes it look like they are a real good company to own at the moment.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NFIN / TRIT
Starts trading tomorrow under new symbol. They are ringing the closing bell today. That was fast. +8% since the vote.

edit: Just saw an unconfirmed report that Fidelity bought a 10% state in the company.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I said it a month or two ago when I looked into GM and the battery tech they were working on. I thought their NKLA deal was a bit baffling, but otherwise GM seems to be doing all the right things. This is just more evidence that makes it look like they are a real good company to own at the moment.
I want them to spin off Cruise. I dont want GM, I only want Cruise.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
NFIN / TRIT
Starts trading tomorrow under new symbol. They are ringing the closing bell today. That was fast. +8% since the vote.

edit: Just saw an unconfirmed report that Fidelity bought a 10% state in the company.

So do NFIN shares automatically switch to the new TRIT?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Any particular reason tech got kicked in the balls?

I was perfectly happy to give up my post election gains, but Trump doesnt have a solid victory yet. I feel shortchanged here.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Any particular reason tech got kicked in the balls?

I was perfectly happy to give up my post election gains, but Trump doesnt have a solid victory yet. I feel shortchanged here.
Couple of reasons.
It had run really hot for a long time.
Amazon getting sued in the EU.
The stay at home plays still being punked.
Money rotation out of overpriced tech into cheaper value stocks as the vaccine creates a light at the end of the tunnel at some point.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No idea, but spill the beans on your play anyways!
NIO had a huge spike up this month. It has support down around $25. Current price is $41. The 25$ puts expiring next month are about 1.25 . I think $20 is a safer strike based on the chart but I think there can be money made.