Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far the postives today - Sold half my CCL at 19.05, cost basis was 14.50. Was able to close out all my puts today for pennies. Downside - Got beat up on ETSY and DOCU, and had calls on DAL at 33 and PLTR at 13 so while still making money on those, at this rate I'm giving up a lot of profit too.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Can't help but think if Pfizer has announced a week earlier Trump would have won the election.

Beautiful day, and great news. One of my favorite financial analysts likes to say the world will surely end someday, but that's a bad bet.

SeanDoe1z1

PLTR back from a second attempt to assail $16

I was just using them as an election play but I don't know anymore.

I'm just going to sit on them with a 10 % trail loss order and see where this goes. I'm not a long term player, just trying to swing.

Honestly I want to sit on PSTH and sell the news but I'll keep PLTR open with the small amount of capital I have in it...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was just using them as an election play but I don't know anymore.

I'm just going to sit on them with a 10 % trail loss order and see where this goes. I'm not a long term player, just trying to swing.

Honestly I want to sit on PSTH and sell the news but I'll keep PLTR open with the small amount of capital I have in it...
1st earnings as a public company is this week. expect mad volatility around it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Took some profit out of my energy play I picked up a month ago. Up 15%. Didn't plan on a vaccine. Plan on people getting tired of the BS and eventually just moving on with their lives, this works too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good call. Thursday after hours -- guess i'll hold until that trading day and decide if I want to exit prior if trailing stop loss doesn't hit before them.
The implied volatility is through the roof right now as I am guessing nonone expects a small move either way on earnings. With the big ramp up last week I figures going to crash hard or go parabolic. I was looking at the $20 options expiring Friday and honestly didn't pull the trigger because I am not confident it won't explode up over 20 on good earnings.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold the pops in JPM, RTX and CAT in my mom's accounts. At some point in the future I figure to circle back on all of them when they come back to normal.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Vaccine news is great, but this definitely seems like a euphoric reaction. There's no way it's going to be widely available until next summer.

Time to invest in dry ice and specialty freezer manufacturers.

Any examples of traded companies that manufacture these types of freezers?

I see these:

• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
  • Blue Star Limited
  • Helmer Scientific
  • Vestfrost Solutions
  • Felix Storch, Inc.
  • Philipp Kirsch GmbH
  • Haier Biomedical
  • Follett LLC
  • PHC Holdings Corporation
  • LEC Medical
  • Zhongke Meiling Cryogenics Company Limited
  • Godrej
  • Panasonic

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Any examples of traded companies that manufacture these types of freezers?
No idea; I was mostly joking. As far as I know Pfizer is making their own vaccine transport equipment. You'd have to do some research to see if they're subcontracting somewhere investable.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like that sugar high wore off a bit into the close. NASDAQ in the red and S&P giving back all of it's intraday gains.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like that sugar high wore off a bit into the close. NASDAQ in the red and S&P giving back all of it's intraday gains.
Biden came out and shit on the vaccine announcement saying "it will be 2021 before it makes a difference". Translation "I want to take full credit for the vaccine". Cuomo earlier said he will get other states to fight using the vaccine because ti was made under Trump. The douchebag actually said this.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, now they just need to keep it up until ETSY and DOCU recover

• 1Worf

Borzak

Did people really think a 100% vaccine was going to get rolled out for use in a week or less? Nevermind I know the answer. Took my 15% energy profits mid day. Good enough. Mostly full protection mode now for my side stuff till election gets squared away.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biden came out and shit on the vaccine announcement saying "it will be 2021 before it makes a difference". Translation "I want to take full credit for the vaccine". Cuomo earlier said he will get other states to fight using the vaccine because ti was made under Trump. The douchebag actually said this.
Or he’s just realistic. I mean, Pfizer specifically refused to take money from the government through operation warpspeed but that didn’t stop Trump from taking credit for this vaccine.

You’re a smart guy but sometimes your blind loyalty to Trump makes you say some stupid shit.

• 1NPC

Borzak

For anyone wondering if the Pfizer news is really that great: yes, in terms of vaccine effectiveness. 90% efficacy is great. If none of the vaccinated patients advance to severe disease then that's even better news, obviously.

There's no bad news in this press release, but the safety profile is noticeably absent, as well as the kinetics of protection. Pfizer had previously reported quite a lot of serious adverse events, mainly headaches, chills, soreness etc. as well as some serious fevers. Regarding kinetics, that simply means we don't know how long after the first and second vaccination did protection occur, and how long does it last.

Lastly, Pfizer requires the vaccine to be maintained at -80C all the way to the point of care, which is absolutely crazy. There are almost certainly going to be more candidates announcing positive news (Astrazeneca, Moderna, J&J, and Novavax are the other leaders, with Moderna likely any day now), but efficacy is arguably the most important readout next to safety and Pfizer has set a high bar.

I mentioned them a couple times here, I think, but for those who like higher risk/reward, BioNTech is the company who developed the Pfizer vaccine. Much smaller company, but they stand to gain (and have gained so far) a lot more from this vaccine's success.

Looking forward, NVAX is probably the other COVID company I'm most excited about because their safety profile is much cleaner and their vector is much more traditional (and therefore, better understood).

I think it's -80F not -80C. I've read both numbers in articles today.

Edit nevermind. Someone said -86C is the standard for those freezers. But the release does say -80F.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Or he’s just realistic. I mean, Pfizer specifically refused to take money from the government through operation warpspeed but that didn’t stop Trump from taking credit for this vaccine.

You’re a smart guy but sometimes your blind loyalty to Trump makes you say some stupid shit.

Blind loyalty? I think you should do a bit more research before making value judgements. Read back in this thread like 2 or 3 pages and you will see I quoted that PFE said they thought they could do 50 million doses by the end of the year and 1 billion doses by the end of 2021. As for the Cuomo bit, well i am just stating facts.

Enough politics. There are 800 threads for that. My comments were specifally addressing why the hopium rally faded this afternoon. Biden made his statement around 2-ish.

1604971608588.png