Investing General Discussion

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
After selling Tesla hours before the S&P announcement, it's hard as fuck to jump back in.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After selling Tesla hours before the S&P announcement, it's hard as fuck to jump back in.
Stop Warning GIF by Britannia on EPIX

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold some puts on MP (at $12.50 strike) and have an order to sell puts on TRIT at $10 strike if they pop. If PLTR dips back into the red today I might sell some puts there as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold some puts on MP (at $12.50 strike) and have an order to sell puts on TRIT at $10 strike if they pop. If PLTR dips back into the red today I might sell some puts there as well.
Puts on PLTR and TRIT didnt hit but I went back to the well and sold deep out-of-the-money puts on HYLN

SeanDoe1z1

So FCEL and the 220mil volume.

Lot of straggling eyes looking for a quick fix or...? Something is fucky.

SeanDoe1z1

That is a good way to put it. A+

I was going to jump, but I'll set a trail. Probably hit it anyway tomorrow but I'm cleared for profits either way.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Something squirrely going on with PSTH. Closed just below new high. Lots of inflows the last couple of days. Maybe people thinking a merger partner announcement is coming.

SeanDoe1z1

I have been following PSTH as it was my original play I wanted to sit what meager capital I had into it. It has been spiking 1-2% last hour trading since election.

There have been a couple of 13F that have some big names in there, but that was outed yesterday or the day before. Most people thought a Q1 announcement...but I believe the window is open for at least 2 years? The more it pulls from 20 the more I think, just get in it, you asshole!

Speculation is a bitch, I lowkey wish I had elevated access to read DMs at all these social media giants (a joke, this is).

edit,

also regarding Ackman he is definitely hedging 8 million into a shut down -- not as big as his last hedge though.

• 2EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been following PSTH as it was my original play I wanted to sit what meager capital I had into it. It has been spiking 1-2% last hour trading since election.

There have been a couple of 13F that have some big names in there, but that was outed yesterday or the day before. Most people thought a Q1 announcement...but I believe the window is open for at least 2 years? The more it pulls from 20 the more I think, just get in it, you asshole!

Speculation is a bitch, I lowkey wish I had elevated access to read DMs at all these social media giants (a joke, this is).

edit,

also regarding Ackman he is definitely hedging 8 million into a shut down -- not as big as his last hedge though.

Yeah I see PSTH one of two ways. Either it merges with a company I dont like and I will jet out during the excitement and make a tidy profit since I got in on day 1, or he merges with someone I like and I am in on the ground floor with no founder share dilution. Either way its a win for me.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Darn, no after hours movement on NVDA after earnings, hopefully it gets a little love tomorrow

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is Blazin Blazin the only one that went cash recently?

Managed to work my play account up to where I can buy a decent house, so the thought is pull it now (to avoid risk of pull back), and see if we get a housing correction.

Tbh, I think I'd rather have the hard asset / home, and 1000-1500/mo income than the investments.

I know its prolly not the best decision, but I'm feeling risk adverse right now.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right now I'm about 50/50 puts/indexes. While technically not cash, I've been cautious enough that not many puts have been exercised, and the ones that have I've still been able to sell for a profit within a week or two. The market has been going kind of sideways the past month, which is great for puts.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is Blazin Blazin the only one that went cash recently?

Managed to work my play account up to where I can buy a decent house, so the thought is pull it now (to avoid risk of pull back), and see if we get a housing correction.

Tbh, I think I'd rather have the hard asset / home, and 1000-1500/mo income than the investments.

I know its prolly not the best decision, but I'm feeling risk adverse right now.
If memory serves, a number of folks went to cash expecting the big correction. Blazin has a couple of accounts. in his trading account I believe he went to cash because he had hit his goals for the year and planned to take the rest of the year off. But, of course, the call of easy money dragged him back in :)

My honest opinion is with a) Coronachan vaccines dropping, b) the GOP controlling the US Senate and c) trillions still sitting on the sidelines in money market accounts that equities is the best place to be right now. Im not saying there wont be bumps or that there are still shitty stocks out there that you can lose money on, but overall the best place for money is the market. Now that being said, diversifying positions and buying RE with part of it isn't a bad thing.