Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On a different note. If anyone is looking for value/income stocks, PFE finished its spinoff/merger of Upjohn and Mylan. Basically they spun off the generics division which is low growth and steady income. They are committed in the 1st quarter of distributing their sizable free cashflow as ongoing dividends. Current estimate has it paying a 5% yield at current price. PFE will lower their dividend accordingly and expects to start seeing more price appreciation. VTRS is selling around $17 a share so possibly a good investment for a dividend seeker with a solid balance sheet and good cash flows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is actually my third set of puts on pltr this week, already bought and sold 12 total contracts this week

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bill to federally legalize marijuana will receive a full floor vote in the U.S. House of Representatives next week, a top Democratic leader in the chamber announced on Friday.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said the chamber will take up the Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act some time between Wednesday and Friday. The floor schedule announcement comes weeks after the leader first confirmed that the House would advance the proposal before the year’s end.

The bill is first expected to go before the House Rules Committee early in the week, which prepares legislation floor action and decides which amendments can be made in order for consideration by the full body.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
.40 a share. Opened it 1st thing this morning
You can roll them out one week and knock the strike down while still turning a profit.
buy to close at $2.30
sell the $27 expiring next week for $2.80

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
retard question. Is it ok to take the market price when buying calls? Or is this another thing where you should look at the bid/ask and just plug in the lowest price for the cost/premium?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
retard question. Is it ok to take the market price when buying calls? Or is this another thing where you should look at the bid/ask and just plug in the lowest price for the cost/premium?

The bid/ask price will change based on if the stock is up and down, so if you think the stock price will move in your favor you can set a limit order for a better premium. Just keep in mind time is also a factor and will also bring down the bid/ask

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ok I know you all will be supportive and merciful. Tell me if I did right or wrong as I stumble forward into the wide world of options.

Today I bought 10 contracts for PLTR expiring next week at 33 strike at 3.31 a share

and also 20 contracts for PLTR expiring in February, 33 strike and 6.41 a share.

these are the first options ive ever bought , and they are already greatly reduced in "value" , wtf did I do????????

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok I know you all will be supportive and merciful. Tell me if I did right or wrong as I stumble forward into the wide world of options.

Today I bought 10 contracts for PLTR expiring next week at 33 strike at 3.31 a share

and also 20 contracts for PLTR expiring in February, 33 strike and 6.41 a share.

these are the first options ive ever bought , and they are already greatly reduced in "value" , wtf did I do????????

You already paid or received the premium at whatever price your put your contracts for. The bid/asks will continue to fluctuate based on how the stock is doing versus how long the contract has to expire. You can always buy or sell your current contracts if the bid/asks go in your favor