Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR
Here is the chart on PLTR. Based on the 10 and 20 DMA and previous stops, I think its a good play in the $16-18 range for selling puts. I sold mine Friday at $18 because I was greedy for the premium, but I think $16 is a price that wont get assigned by 12/18. I will be ok owning it at $18 though with the 65 cent premium.

1606682629673.png

1606682724558.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just put trailing stops on GMHI and MP and will tighten up the % as time goes on
Consider swapping the stops for covered calls. I pulled the trigger on MP before it occured to me to just sell calls. You could sell the $30 strike calls for about a buck expiring 12/18. I dont see any way it hits 30, but if it did thats a hella price to sell at (or roll out and up).

1606682850730.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm pretty much doing the same thing, I've been pretty aggressive with my puts lately and still haven't been assigned, trying to get between .5 to 1% return on a weekly contract. My common plays the last couple weeks have been:

PLTR
AMD
PINS
SNAP
SAVE
LITE
DAL
GMHI
MP

Thanks Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes for the heads up on GMHI and MP, I also bought shares on them and am up 40-50% on both not counting options. I'm also adding SONO to my puts this week, see how it plays out after their big quarter.
Also look at VLDR. Its a clone of GMHI that has already completed the merger. its another LIDAR company.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I considered it but GMHI is lacking in call strikes, 12/18 only goes up to 22.5 which is only 50% in two weeks. Considering it's momentum that's certainly not out of reach.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I considered it but GMHI is lacking in call strikes, 12/18 only goes up to 22.5 which is only 50% in two weeks. Considering it's momentum that's certainly not out of reach.
I own GMHI because I like it more than VLDR but I will keep selling puts on VLDR because I like the LIDAR space and think its has a solid future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So I have bought about half a ton of copper...

Average was about 1.60/lb. Might try to smelt some bars (it's all 0 gauge wire from commercial buildings, brother is an electrician)

Don't judge me.

• 1Seriously?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Scrap price goes up and down locally depending how bad the meth outbreak is at the time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As China's economy recovers it should move up. Copper is a good gauge for the overall economy.

ps.. when you are done smelting it into bars, next you can move on to bronze. Its next on the skill list.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm pretty much doing the same thing, I've been pretty aggressive with my puts lately and still haven't been assigned, trying to get between .5 to 1% return on a weekly contract. My common plays the last couple weeks have been:

PLTR
AMD
PINS
SNAP
SAVE
LITE
DAL
GMHI
MP

Thanks Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes for the heads up on GMHI and MP, I also bought shares on them and am up 40-50% on both not counting options. I'm also adding SONO to my puts this week, see how it plays out after their big quarter.
1606739230511.png

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Reading about Biden tax changes that are being floated, hopefully it's just clown world celebrations. Doing the math on the 401k credit I've seen proposed, I'd actually owe exactly 0 dollars of taxes without even considering deductions, and it raises the potential of using your 401k as a tax bypass for middle class peeps. In general it feels poorly thought out, but then again I'd use that phrase to describe most democrat proposals.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reading about Biden tax changes that are being floated, hopefully it's just clown world celebrations. Doing the math on the 401k credit I've seen proposed, I'd actually owe exactly 0 dollars of taxes without even considering deductions, and it raises the potential of using your 401k as a tax bypass for middle class peeps. In general it feels poorly thought out, but then again I'd use that phrase to describe most democrat proposals.
Just remember that the executive cant do anything more than ask about tax changes. Its all about the Legislative and the Dems now have a paper thin majority in the House.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DAL finally going the right way (down). My covered calls expiring on Friday aren't looking as ugly this morning.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The real issue with trailing stops. Getting shaken out on a sharp move down before a sharp move back higher. Almost like the algos plan this stuff to take advantage of trailing stops.

1606749576980.png

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The real issue with trailing stops. Getting shaken out on a sharp move down before a sharp move back higher. Almost like the algos plan this stuff to take advantage of trailing stops.

View attachment 320606

Yeah, I set my stop for 20% right now. I also finally sold my GMHI puts 10 strike and rolled it up to 15 strike, was able to get 2.00 a share for 12/18 expiry, pretty crazy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuuuuuuck. I’m so kicking myself for only buying $1k of palantir and not $25k I had available. Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that. Man.
It happens. Hindsight and all.

Had I thrown just like 12% of our net worth into Tesla in August when you all were hyping it up, I'd be retired right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users