Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I closed out my PSTH January puts. They were tying up too much cash that far out so I took my 35 cents profit and have cash to put to work again.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus christ this world is fucking retarded beyond belief. Fuck every last single fucking retarded fucking cucked liberal.

• 2Barf
  • 1Repost
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Isnt it funny how saying "if it doesnt have only white people" its racist but saying "it must have black/brown/female/alphabet people" isnt racist.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Combined in all my accounts I was up 21.6% in the month of November. That is just mind numbing.

edit: Thanks be to God for PLTR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Passed on profits yesterday
Took a beating today.

The hogs get slaughtered saying never sinks in

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I don't care if its the "houses" money because you bought at 9.5, seeing thousands of dollars in loses as PLTR retreats from 33 hurts.

We have to remember patience though I guess. Everyday cannot be a green day. Luckily I was super busy with other things today and so basically took a day off from watching the market and reading various forums on stocks. That felt good. Finally catching up and seeing todays losses, not so much.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some basics to look at on the charts. PLTR is tough because it doesnt have a history and it went parabolic. In this case I just cranked down the DMA to the 10 and the 20. If you look at the chart, I see a level floor around 14-ish and 18-ish. These are the strikes I wrote my puts. The 20DMA is at $18.26 and the 10 DMA is at $22.72. Because of the rapid up and down the only real support is going to be at the 10 DMA, so a drop down to that level wont surprise me. if it breaks there, then its a fall down to the 20 DMA and that floor at $18. if it crashed that then its the $14 floor. Notice also it has a ceiling of resistance now at $27.11. it has to test and beat that before we see a consolidated move upward.

This is all still guess work, but its guesswork based on data. When you are looking at stocks, this type of chart work can really help give you an educated guess on what price points to pick.

1606866794801.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pre-market is a bloodbath for some stocks popular with the WSB crowd. Don't look if you have a weak stomach. You have been warned.

ps.. You might want to look at those support levels I marked on the PLTR chart above.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reversion to the mean.

On the brightside I had closed out a couple of puts yesterday so I have capital to put to work with today

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wonder if we will ever go back to the days when a stock moving 2 or 3 percent in a day was considered extraordinary?

• 1Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ugh, bail now with my short term, or ride it out...

Gonna hurt and I always fucking miss the timings

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda glad I only did puts on pltr, couldn't imagine watching it go from 33 to 22. I also ended up going with the call on GMHI before it tanked yesterday too, so that worked out.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ugh, bail now with my short term, or ride it out...

Gonna hurt and I always fucking miss the timings
If you forget the hype and FOMO, PLTR is probably fairly priced in the $14-$18 range. At least until we see the next earnings report. The contact tracing contracts could provide a big boost. What is your cost basis on your shares?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I've kept things I should of sold (not PLTR, diamond hands till death with that) because of "let me wait until January to take that profit due to taxes". We'll see in January if this was a wise or dumb move.

But my hilarious first foray into the world of options have been a spectacular failure. The PLTR calls that expire in 2 days that cost me something like 3k are now worth a whopping $150 dollars lolololol............