Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lets add some more drama to the EV market as if it hasn't had enough already Kandi stock plunges after short seller alleges ‘brazen scheme’ to falsify revenue

Shares of Kandi Technologies Group Inc. hit hard Monday, after Hindenburg Research took a swipe at the China-based electric vehicle and battery packs maker by alleging “fake sales” to undisclosed affiliates of the company.

Kandi’s stock KNDI, -27.68% plunged 25.6% in active afternoon trading, putting them on track for the biggest one-day selloff in roughly 18 months. Trading volume swelled to 38.5 million shares, which is more than double the full-day average of 15.0 million shares.

The stock has now tumbled 32.2% since it closed at a 6-year high of $14.93 on Nov. 23.

Short seller Hindenburg said in a report published on its website that it has uncovered a “brazen scheme” by Kandi to “falsify revenue,” as it recorded revenue to what appeared to be a Kandi subsidiary.

Hindenburg said that after an “on-the-ground inspection of Kandi facilities, as well as interviews with more than a dozen former employees and business partners, it determined that the bulk (almost 64%) of the company’s last 12 months (LTM) sales have been to related parties.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The Fannie and Freddie rumors finally made those two worth holding.

Chances they come out of conservatorship are prolly slim... Might sell

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PSTH running up. +4% today plus another 3% in the after-market. Warrants are up over $10 in the after market. Volume today over 10 million shares. Lots of people thinking a merger target is getting announced soon. I love being up 35% on a SPAC that hasnt found a dance partner yet.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Made me smile...

20201130_190753.png

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
PSTH running up. +4% today plus another 3% in the after-market. Warrants are up over $10 in the after market. Volume today over 10 million shares. Lots of people thinking a merger target is getting announced soon. I love being up 35% on a SPAC that hasnt found a dance partner yet.
I don’t know what to do with the warrants. I guess the goal is to hold on to them until the stock price is really high then exercise them somehow to buy the stock cheap?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t know what to do with the warrants. I guess the goal is to hold on to them until the stock price is really high then exercise them somehow to buy the stock cheap?
The formation documents discuss the warrants. Basically you hold them until they are called. You swap then 1:1 for a share and you pay $23 for the swap per share. If the stock is at $50 you still pay $23.

Until they are called you can treat them like long term options. As the stock price goes up the warrant price will go up since their value is $23(plus what you paid for them). So you can sell them to someone who wants to buy the warrants.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rolling into december and SPY and QQQ are right around where they were at the beginning of september. Almost doesn't feel like it's been that long since their previous highs.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I started trading in June of this year with the intention of keeping my account to a few hundred $ while I learned the ropes.

TSLA lured me in pre-split, but I’m pretty happy to say I’ve been able to keep my trading under control. No crazy risks, redistributing my TSLA gains a couple times and am currently sitting just over +55% YTD.

Definitely attribute some of that success to the conversation here and using it as a starting point for addition research. So cheers, and keep it up for next year :D

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
VLDR
Velodyne Lidar Announces Autonomous Driving Collaboration with Ford Otosan

Velodyne Lidar Announces Autonomous Driving Collaboration with Ford Otosan​

BUSINESS WIRE 8:00 AM ET 12/1/2020

SymbolLastPrice Change
VLDR15.92
up
0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 11/30/2020

Companies Working Together on Autonomous Driving Development and Testing for Heavy Commercial Vehicles

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Velodyne Lidar, Inc.(VLDR) today announced it is collaborating with Ford Otosan on product development and testing of autonomous heavy commercial trucks. Ford Otosan is testing and planning to use Velodyne Velarray H800 lidar sensors to enable safe navigation and collision avoidance in next generation vehicles.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: Velodyne Lidar Announces Autonomous Driving Collaboration with Ford Otosan

Velarray H800 is a powerful solution that can greatly improve automated safety and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). Designed for automotive-grade performance and durability, the Velarray H800’s compact, embeddable form factor makes it ideal for seamless integration in internal and external vehicle mounting locations.

The Velarray H800 boasts outstanding range, field of view and resolution to deliver rich point cloud density required for high resolution mapping and object classification tasks. The sensor will help Ford Otosan to create superior autonomous driving technology, addressing edge-cases for driving situations, including curvy roads, potholes, intersections, on/off ramps, residential areas and roadways with unclear lane markings. It delivers high performance during daylight and at night, enabling the detection of vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists and more.

Ford Otosan is already using Velodyne’s Alpha Prime™ lidar sensors, which provide 360-degree surround-view perception technology to support autonomous mobility. The Alpha Prime is specifically made for autonomous driving in complex conditions for travel up to highway speeds. The combined range, resolution and field of view in one sensor is designed to enable autonomous vehicles and ADAS in a wide variety of lighting conditions.

“Autonomous vehicle technology, powered by lidar, can bring multiple efficiency and safety benefits to the trucking industry,” said Burak Gökçelik, Assistant General Manager, Ford Otosan. “Our autonomous driving initiative with Velodyne looks to improve roadway safety by helping trucks understand and react to approaching road conditions and surroundings.”

“Ford Otosan has well established commercial vehicle leadership in Europe and they act as the global engineering center for Ford Motor Company’s heavy commercial vehicles,” said Erich Smidt, Executive Director Europe, Velodyne Lidar(VLDR). “We look forward to cooperating with Ford Otosan on autonomous driving development and learning from their use of the Velarray H800 in the trucking market.”

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote some more NIO puts on the dip and tried to write more on GMHI but my limit didnt kick in on the big drop before it corrected.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
All my cash is tied up now, one good day for SAVE and PINS and I should be able to sell them early

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Look at this garbage. If diversity was so great for making money, they wouldn't need an "incentive" to hire PoC, they would naturally do it if it was beneficial to the bottom line

Nasdaq Inc. NDAQ, 1.13% filed Tuesday a proposal to adopt new listing rules, aiming to require board diversity and disclosure. If approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission, all companies listing on the Nasdaq exchange will have to publicly disclose "consistent, transparent diversity statistics" regarding their board of directors. And most Nasdaq companies would have to have, or explain why they don't have, at least two "diverse" directors, including one female and one who self-identifies as either "an underrepresented minority" or LGBTQ+. "Nasdaq's purpose is to champion inclusive growth and prosperity to power stronger economies," said Chief Executive Adena Friedman. "Our goal with this proposal is to provide a transparent framework for Nasdaq-listed companies to present their board composition and diversity philosophy effectively to all stakeholders; we believe this listing rule is one step in a broader journey to achieve inclusive representation across corporate America." Nasdaq's stock, which rose 1.2% in premarket trading, has rallied 19.5% year to date through Monday, while the Nasdaq Composite COMP, 1.15% has run up 36.0% and the S&P 500 SPX, 1.32% has gained 12.1%.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All my cash is tied up now, one good day for SAVE and PINS and I should be able to sell them early
I am in the same boat. I have like 6 positions i have up to close at a nickle and of course somehow the prices are at 6 and 7 cents even though I can only trade in 5 cent increments. Cheating algo bastards. Big guys always getting to play by a different set of rules.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn! Our investment accounts are up over 14% just in November (includes contributions). YTD is almost 35%.

I think 2021 will be our last year of employment.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users