Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yellen the former Chair of the Fed. Funny how her tune has changed. Fucking hack.

Yellen, a former Federal Reserve chair, urged lawmakers to "act big" on the next coronavirus relief package, adding that the benefits outweigh the costs of a higher debt burden.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem isn't SPACs per se. The problem is the advent of social media and Discord used to pump said SPACs. There is nothing illegal about an individual investor buying a rando $10 SPAC and then going on Twitter and tweeting "OMFG, Bloomberg terminal just posted Elon Musk merging SpaceX with <insert SPAC here>" and selling 45 seconds later as it spikes to $15. Its shitty, but not illegal unless the account is associated with the SPAC, the company or an investment firm.

I am probably the only one here who actually reads the SEC filings for SPACs I buy. They are not all the same. Some SPACs have started charging a fee if you redeem your warrants. Again not illegal because it is in the documents investors are "supposed" to read. I choose not to invest in those SPACs because its a shitty money grab and I wont be associated with Founders that do that.

If the new SEC head decides to fuck with SPACs, its because he is being paid off by the big investment banks who are losing out on their sweet monopoly they have had forever and want SPACs dead. Gee, I wonder if this dude will look into the traditional IPO process and do something to help the retail investors getting fucked by the investment banks and insiders. I am thinking that will be a no.

Speaking of bloomberg terminals, a new one is making the rounds that everyone seemed to have missed on the 14th, but it was enough to push CCIV back over 19 in AH

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of bloomberg terminals, a new one is making the rounds that everyone seemed to have missed on the 14th, but it was enough to push CCIV back over 19 in AH

pump it up sneakers GIF by arielle-m

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had to boot up the terminal to see if that was a real screenshot... are people really dumb enough to see week old announcements and bid things up after hours?

1611109459559.png

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you have actual access to a terminal I am going to be totes jelly.
It's funnier b/c I'm more or less a fixed income capital markets/syndicate/sales guy, I use literally 0.2% of the stuff you guys would use it for. It's an expensive chat, news and email terminal and for writing trade tickets.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's funnier b/c I'm more or less a fixed income capital markets/syndicate/sales guy, I use literally 0.2% of the stuff you guys would use it for. It's an expensive chat, news and email terminal and for writing trade tickets.
emma roberts crying GIF by ScreamQueens

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those looking for long term investments, its beginning to look like CRM has established a floor. Sub-$220 is a decent entry point long term in my opinion.

I also jumped back into BTWN by writing some puts with $12.50 strike expiring next month.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
GHIV is pretty fascinating in that it definitely didn’t act like most other SPACs upon merger vote, which was this morning. Down 50 cents on open. Glad I sold yesterday...weird. It even got a Jim Cramer mention among other shows and podcasts.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
GHIV is pretty fascinating in that it definitely didn’t act like most other SPACs upon merger vote, which was this morning. Down 50 cents on open. Glad I sold yesterday...weird. It even got a Jim Cramer mention among other shows and podcasts.

I am learning patience is the #1 virtue with stocks.

I'm gonna delete my personal examples because the true rule is: have a plan. Everyones plan is a personal thing.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am learning patience is the #1 virtue with stocks.

I'm gonna delete my personal examples because the true rule is: have a plan. Everyones plan is a personal thing.
My plan is to get rich but it's not panning out.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For those looking for long term investments, its beginning to look like CRM has established a floor. Sub-$220 is a decent entry point long term in my opinion.

I also jumped back into BTWN by writing some puts with $12.50 strike expiring next month.
What do you think a good entry point for FTEC is? I pulled all my QQQ and want to dump it into FTEC but not when it’s sitting at the 52 week high and has been ~20% lower in the past few months.