Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Biden wants to tax all capital gains as income? Looks like I need to return to my max the 401k life. Tax man is always the biggest enemy when it comes to making money.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Remember when the craziest thing we discussed in this thread was selling covered calls for extra income on low volatility Boomer stocks?

Fucking Blazin Blazin and his /WSB nonsense. He infected the place like Coronachan. :cool:

Fully turned into a gambling thread at this point. I don't begrudge people's involvement, it won't end well and it can go on for quite awhile before the Piper comes calling. I remember old sanrith who wouldnt even buy blue chips almost 1500 spx pts ago. Even this version of gambling seems more sane to me than the sports betting so one way to look at it on a brighter side.

I know most are just using play money slinging a few thousand around and if it stays that no real harm, fun hobby for some. Just hard to take in jest the longer you've been in this, I have seen it destroy lives and I really do hope that doesn't happen to anyone here.

• 2Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Fully turned into a gambling thread at this point. I don't begrudge people's involvement, it won't end well and it can go on for quite awhile before the Piper comes calling. I remember old sanrith who wouldnt even buy blue chips almost 1500 spx pts ago. Even this version of gambling seems more sane to me than the sports betting so one way to look at it on a brighter side.

I know most are just using play money slinging a few thousand around and if it stays that no real harm, fun hobby for some. Just hard to take in jest the longer you've been in this, I have seen it destroy lives and I really do hope that doesn't happen to anyone here.

1611073049402.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
I thought Blazin Blazin was running for amod just to smack all of us gambling degenerates out of his thread... I still voted for him of course =].

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yellen was quoted that Biden is thinking about bringing back tax incentives for EV's, as if the EV sector wasn't hot enough

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Biden wants to tax all capital gains as income? Looks like I need to return to my max the 401k life. Tax man is always the biggest enemy when it comes to making money.
Got a source on this?

I saw some old stuff about taxing them higher for earners > $1M, but not much else.

That'd be fucking awful if it was across the board. Good luck retirees!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Found this so far
Uh, that's so much worse than just taxing capital gains. That's taxing unrealized gains. That craters everything.

We're talking you just destroyed the entire economy with that nonsense.

These people can't really be that dumb, can they?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

That's now true. I bought M. Look how that turned out for me 😀

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

In south america its pretty normal to not only tax gains on investments, but to tax you a flat rate for simply having money/net worth in the first place. Wouldn't be surprised to see a net worth tax pop its head up as an idea at some point. For Argentina as an example, anything you own over 20kUSD or so (probably different now) is taxed each year, including and certainly not limited to things like: Your car, your house, investments, money in the bank, ect.

• 1WTF
  • 1Barf

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’m out of GHIV, Alec Gores isn’t even my real dad. Sold at a marginal $500 loss out of almost $24,000. Still up $1000 for the past couple weeks all in all.

Far too much opportunity cost lost on this thing as it is, probably could have made a few thousand last week. Everyone is saying institutional investors are keeping it around $12.50 which is certainly bearing out in reality. It may well run exceptionally well next month post merger but not my risk to take.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Uh, that's so much worse than just taxing capital gains. That's taxing unrealized gains. That craters everything.

We're talking you just destroyed the entire economy with that nonsense.

Why do you think the goal is to improve the economy?

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought some GSAH (Goldman Sachs SPAC) in the volatility Friday at $11.49.

Just spiked out of nowhere on no news. Sold at $13.40 for a tidy ~15% profit.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my puts on QQQ with the spike up. Thanks Janet. Took about 75% profit in a day. Until things really settle down in DC I am being very risk off and settling for profit in the pocket. As soon as it reverses back down some I will write more for either this week or next week.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Far too much opportunity cost lost on this thing as it is, probably could have made a few thousand last week.

This is what margin is for.... short term plays when you are waiting on other cakes to finish baking. "but what about the interest"

Well i'll pay a little interest instead of watching my soufflé fall.

• 1Like