Investing General Discussion

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
didn't see this anywhere:

good run

1611327752677.png

$CLII DA with EVgo, owner/operator of US electric vehicle fast charging network.

'20 est. - $14M rev. / (22%) decline '21 proj. - $20M rev. / 43% growth $2.06B EV / $400M PIPE

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PYPL another new high. I am going to live to regret only taking a half position when I started it. I began it on a dip and it never retested it for me to add to.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin Blazin You avoiding writing puts expiring next week on QQQ with Big tech reporting next week? Or Are you writing them expecting a big push up with earnings?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I am not in them, but he shows me his account periodically and its more than doubled in the past 12 months. Its hard to follow his ramblings at times, but he says right now its the moment for the component makers that the big semi manufacturers rely on. As in, not Taiwan semi but the people Taiwan desperately relies on themselves. People like Lasertec, for example. (and ASML) he claims these companies have monopoly strangleholds on essential components. He reads the scientific papers and also studies the financials.

As my contribution to our little community ill share more of what he claims and the companies, but was wondering if the full time serious investors here see plausibility on this trail or if it is the ramblings of a deranged autistic mind.
Yeah asml is the only company that makes the machines tsmc/Intel/Samsung use for cpu manufacturing.

Also China is starting to tighten export of rare earth elements.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I sold my QQQ a couple days ago to move to FTEC, but Vanguard's website has been fucking dogshit and it's the last account I had there (traditional IRA) so I'm moving that over to Fidelity. Wondering what I should do with 25k hoping FTEC has a pullback eventually. Maybe just sell some options with it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin You avoiding writing puts expiring next week on QQQ with Big tech reporting next week? Or Are you writing them expecting a big push up with earnings?

I normally do monthly, but because of the markets current position, on QQQ/SPY particularly I have switched to weekly. I closed the 1/22 exp already but I have not rewritten yet today. If I do it will be for 1/29. I don't try to predict the future mind you, but I am positioning myself to have options (lol a pun) should we enter a corrective period soon. I have already hit my goal for January for closed trades so I'm being a little selective and focused more on how I plan to earn my nut in February so I have a little time to be patient if I choose.

Last Friday broke the trend of rally into the close, I want to see if a new trend has started or if last week was an anomaly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
GME approaching 50, are the WSBers winning the war vs. Shitron?

(and to think I had 1k shares at 14.5 that I sold a few days before this campaign began.. bought back in the high 30's for 200 shares but what could of been..)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
GME approaching 50, are the WSBers winning the war vs. Shitron?

(and to think I had 1k shares at 14.5 that I sold a few days before this campaign began.. bought back in the high 30's for 200 shares but what could of been..)

Probably, considering it was sub 40 yesterday when Citron said it would go to 20. It's kinda hilarious watching this all unfold, like a stock market soap opera.

• 1Worf

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Probably, considering it was sub 40 yesterday when Citron said it would go to 20. It's kinda hilarious watching this all unfold, like a stock market soap opera.

Broke 50 and climbing, this is very exciting for sure. They saying some whales are getting in on the action, big 250k orders pushing it past 50

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Broke 50 and climbing, this is very exciting for sure. They saying some whales are getting in on the action, big 250k orders pushing it past 50

That's not usually what is happening, the reason the RH crowd has been so influential is there use of call options. It's often the market maker having to buy equity to cover all the calls being bought. This creates tremendous leverage for the RH crowd

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Weaponized autism, RH crowd going to figure out if they act in unison they are the largest hedge fund in the world. Now who they plan on selling this stock to I'm not sure on that part of the plan.
It can be sold to the same person as all the oil then ended up taking possession of back in April or May.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote some puts on PSTH at the Strike $22.50 March expiry. That is basically a couple bucks above the $20 floor. I can't see how these aren't close to free money as a merger announcement should be made before then.