Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
None of that shit matters. All that matters is INTC has tanked on earnings day now for the past 4 quarters. Thats a trend. I will respect it until they show me otherwise. Its why I sold the shit right before earnings day (today).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is where their lunch is being eaten;

And AMD isnt exactly tiny compared to Intel anymore. 110b v 255b in market cap.
Idk, I don’t think market valuation is a great thing to look at for comparing a company size. Intel has $20b cash on hand? AMD has less than $2b? Their revenue is still 8x AMDs. Maybe I’m wrong and market valuation is king in comparisons, but I look at shit like Tesla and AMD and other trendy stocks and don’t know if it is.

Intel is an aging company that’s making horrible decisions, not innovating, falling behind and just driving into the ground but they’re still massive compared to AMD. I much prefer AMD as a company, innovating, etc. My PC this year was the first AMD chip I’ve used and it’s great. Moved my dad to one too. I just wouldn’t say they’re eating Intels lunch yet. I think they’re definitely poised to if they both keep going in the directions they’re going now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
AMD and INTC Multiples tell you that the market expects intel in the next 10 yrs to grow single digits while it expects AMD to grow 20-40% annually. If INTC doesn't get it's shit together then we may be sitting here in 2031 and actually arguing over which is the bigger company.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
I think its fair to say over the last 2 years AMD has been eating their lunch in terms of market share at least. That is an ugly chart.

1611273764421.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Big P meant to say that he spends his evenings and hard earned bucks logged in to the AMD OnlyFans account :p

ftfy
If only Lisa was a pretty blonde instead of a slightly overweight old asian woman. Member the attention Marissa Meyer and Elizabeth Holmes got all while being absolute fuckups(criminal fuckups in Holmes' case)?
Idk, I don’t think market valuation is a great thing to look at for comparing a company size. Intel has $20b cash on hand? AMD has less than $2b? Their revenue is still 8x AMDs. Maybe I’m wrong and market valuation is king in comparisons, but I look at shit like Tesla and AMD and other trendy stocks and don’t know if it is.
Of course, Im by no means implying market cap is the best metric but the rise in AMD's cap v Intels is directly related to whats been going on the past few years. AMD hasnt expanded into new untapped markets, theyve taken portions of the market from Intel.
Intel is an aging company that’s making horrible decisions, not innovating, falling behind and just driving into the ground but they’re still massive compared to AMD.
Very true. Theyve dumped 20 billion dollars in stock buyback in the past few years instead of acquiring talent or capital to fix their processes. Reality is half of AMD's success is due to Intel making mistakes.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If only Lisa was a pretty blonde instead of a slightly overweight old asian woman. Member the attention Marissa Meyer and Elizabeth Holmes got all while being absolute fuckups(criminal fuckups in Holmes' case)?

Of course, Im by no means implying market cap is the best metric but the rise in AMD's cap v Intels is directly related to whats been going on the past few years. AMD hasnt expanded into new untapped markets, theyve taken portions of the market from Intel.
I actually respect Lisa. She obviously got to where she is for her brains. That can’t be said for all CEO women.

I worked with a guy who worked directly with Meyer. He said she was an epic bitch.

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You sold $49 strike for tomorrow? Man you really didn't want those shares if so, selling them that close to the money

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
AMD and INTC Multiples tell you that the market expects intel in the next 10 yrs to grow single digits while it expects AMD to grow 20-40% annually. If INTC doesn't get it's shit together then we may be sitting here in 2031 and actually arguing over which is the bigger company.
Intel is very much trying to get their shit together right now, including the once and future CEO getting engineers to come out of retirement to lead teams and teach the new engineers how to fucking engineer.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That doesn't seem like a great plan. I mean... aren't the SMEs supposed to teach the youngsters how to engineer before they retire? If they couldn't do it the first time why would they be able to do it the second time?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
WSB autists causing problems again;

from what I can gather they not only ruined the citron guy's life, but they dox'd him as well (well his info was prob out there but they were sending him pizzas and shit).

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
BTC bounced back from 29 to 31k, bought some MARA at 17 for a sympathy play

What are those things you listen earlier? If I can do options on BTC I might go full WSB just to give blazin a stroke

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What are those things you listen earlier? If I can do options on BTC I might go full WSB just to give blazin a stroke
BTBT MARA and RIOT are all blockchain related stocks, so they mirror BTC pretty much. Compare their charts to BTC and you can see the correlation. I bought MARA at 16 when BTC first started heading towards 40k and sold at 23 just as BTC started to go back down.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ah I thought so, but it sounded like you might have bought Mara in the middle of the night so I was like wtf