Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When I was at GM selecting that shit for my 401k I just went for the closest approximate index funds they have (GM has all totally internal products that GM Finance created) with the lowest fees.

My current job has Vanguard S&P 500 Admiral in the 401k so I've just been focusing on that.
VG Admiral is about the best one can hope for in a 401k.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm surprised to see SPCE on there
As was I. I also didnt know until this morning how short interest could rise above 100%. People/institutions selling shorted shares they bought. Its like synthetic CDOs. Nothing good will come from people being able to sell shorted shares they bought.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
If you do it from vanguard all they ask is if you were impacted. No documents or anything.

I'm sure its just like unemployement and making sure you can't be evicted for not paying rent. Just type covid19 and give them the middle finger.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Things are getting so crazy over the whole GME situation. The temptation to get in, in a big big way is growing in me. I was in, sold too soon, got back in, sold half position for some profit and am left with 100 shares currently. But all these demons are whispering double, triple, quadruple! returns.

FOMO is starting to master me.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Things are getting so crazy over the whole GME situation. The temptation to get in, in a big big way is growing in me. I was in, sold too soon, got back in, sold half position for some profit and am left with 100 shares currently. But all these demons are whispering double, triple, quadruple! returns.

Let me save ur life.

No.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Sell all your GME and buy some AMC, join me!

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm think of plowing another 10K into ZNTE first thing monday morning

It's already up quite a bit, 13.84 in after hours, and will probably go up some more in monday mornings early hours. Do you have any BTAQ? They got a rumor for an Israeli EV floating around and it's currently at 11.75

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

1611503635049.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's already up quite a bit, 13.84 in after hours, and will probably go up some more in monday mornings early hours. Do you have any BTAQ? They got a rumor for an Israeli EV floating around and it's currently at 11.75

im in
BFT (less than 10% of portfolio)
CCIV (about 30%)
ZNTE (rest of portfolio)
right now

total gains right now are between 15-25% on each one

I'm looking to unload CCIV later this week as i think its approaching its peak

BTAQ looks interesting, would be good to diversify too. I dont want to end up with a portfolio thats 95% in 1 stock. Ill take a look at it.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sell all your GME and buy some AMC, join me!
I am almost tempted to buy some AMC or call options. I know its a shitty stock, but with the share price of SPCE I wont be surprised to see the /WSB crowd try to run the same trick with AMC.

• 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I am almost tempted to buy some AMC or call options. I know its a shitty stock, but with the share price of SPCE I wont be surprised to see the /WSB crowd try to run the same trick with AMC.

Already talk of it, I threw some money at AMC already.

CCIV: Arasayer: If you sell before the Lucid announcement you will miss the trip to the moon.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Let me save ur life.

No.

ok this made me lol. Thanks, I needed to hear this. Will probably throw some more money at them, but ill keep it modest.

edit: about NOK above: I bought that damn stock for my rothIRA maybe two years ago? I forget, but not TWO weeks later is when they announced the end of their dividends and that shit tanked by 50 percent. sigh. Took me awhile to recoup those losses in the roth (thxs PLTR and some random spac that is doing butterfly imaging). I'll probably reenter NOK soon though, because 5g and Helsinki is a beautiful city..

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Already talk of it, I threw some money at AMC already.

CCIV: Arasayer: If you sell before the Lucid announcement you will miss the trip to the moon.

tough call. if i sell at $25, i'd be collecting 50% profits which is great and then qiuickly reinvesting into another SPAC thats around the $10-$15 mark, to attempt another 50%-100% run.

these SPAC "moons" tend to peter out in low $30s from what ive read. if they dont make an announcement in the next week, I'll probably just take profits and move on to the next thing

Khane

Got something right about marriage
tough call. if i sell at $25, i'd be collecting 50% profits which is great and then qiuickly reinvesting into another SPAC thats around the $10-$15 mark, to do another 50%-100% run.

these SPAC "moons" tend to peter out in low $30s from what ive read. if they dont make an announcement in the next week, I'll probably just take profits and move on to the next thing

I think people are expecting CCIV to be the next NKLA because of Lucid.