Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
image0.png

Screenshot_20210126-235534_Chrome.jpg
I was part of the safe and clean team that fought rats that were still living off with sticks. The dead ones were scooped out with spoons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
TFW all your money is tied up in non-liquid assets and you just wanna throw 5k into AMC at 1am cause some autistic discord told you to.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck it, guess I'm a meme investor now. Put $1k into AMC.

Based on the amount of stock it quoted me on (93.54 shares), it seems like it's over $10 now?

Was explaining the whole thing to my wife. She's just like "it'd be super cool if you put $10k in and it turned into $50k." I'm like, uh, yeah, I'm not putting $10k in.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Robinhood question. if I set it to just buy the best price possible, will it do that right when the pre market trading opens?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm fully expecting to lose like $800 of my $1k, but I was thinking it'd be some shit if AMC does something similar to GME, and then we just keep rolling through that list.

I can take my $1k off the board and just roll the rest into each new meme stock.

The power of 2 million plus people to just rape Wall Street is pretty crazy, assuming you can get everyone on the same page.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
AMC now has more watchers than GME does on Stocktwits.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Robinhood question. if I set it to just buy the best price possible, will it do that right when the pre market trading opens?
Yeah, I'm curious how that works. I imagine they will fill orders as they came in? Might get stuck buying it closer to $20 at market open depending on how this goes.

But I'm completely oblivious to anything that's not index funds. Despite having a finance degree, it's not my field.

Edit: Blackberry has 80k watchers. Wondering if it might be the next one to go? Edit2: Shit, SPCE has 90k. LOL.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just looked it up and it said it can pend till 4pm. Robinhood Premarket opens up at 9am, any orders made in extended hours wont start filling until 9:30am. So I think I'm just better off placing the order right at 9am.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I've never used any Discord before and honestly no idea what it what it really was other than I gathered it was voice chat.

I just created an account and I'm listening to / watching Discord chat for wallstreetbets. As expected, nonstop talk about AMC.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Some people were buying blockbuster instead of blackberry too :)

Fuckin AMC is gonna open at $30 or something wild in US.