Investing General Discussion

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Total novice here, but I heard Robinhood doesn't let you buy/sell the same day unless it's over 25k? So if I buy AMC today, I have to wait until tomorrow? I'm starting to read up on all this before investing, but what would be a easy to use platform that would allow Buy/sell and such for someone starting out with like $1k meme money.

You can’t repeatedly buy and sell if you get marked as a pattern day trader with an account worth less than $25k. It’s something like 4 day trades over a 5 day period or something.

if you get marked as that and don’t have $25k it’ll restrict you from buying for a period of time but you can still sell.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Total novice here, but I heard Robinhood doesn't let you buy/sell the same day unless it's over 25k? So if I buy AMC today, I have to wait until tomorrow? I'm starting to read up on all this before investing, but what would be a easy to use platform that would allow Buy/sell and such for someone starting out with like $1k meme money.

all of trading platforms have requirements to day trade without limits.

$25K in account, or acct being 3 mo old, is the requirement for TDA and probably for most others. you should still be able to execute 1-2 day trades per week. you're not completely barred from them, you're limited to like 2 per week

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Khane Khane I was with Vanguard for over 20 yrs and was a die hard fan but I have switched to Fidelity and really think it's superior. Vanguard site is so antiquated.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
When you see you available cash in your fidelity account is empty and you start evaluating selling things you intended to long hold or moving in cash....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You can’t repeatedly buy and sell if you get marked as a pattern day trader with an account worth less than $25k. It’s something like 4 day trades over a 5 day period or something.

if you get marked as that and don’t have $25k it’ll restrict you from buying for a period of time but you can still sell.

He’s okay to buy and sell this once same day though unless he’s been flagged prior though, right? That’s how I understood it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Khane Khane I was with Vanguard for over 20 yrs and was a die hard fan but I have switched to Fidelity and really think it's superior. Vanguard site is so antiquated.

The Vanguard site really is incredibly antiquated. Its certainly not for anyone who wants to trade with any regularity.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
all of trading platforms have requirements to day trade without limits.

$25K in account, or acct being 3 mo old, is the requirement for TDA and probably for most others. you should still be able to execute 1-2 day trades per week. you're not completely barred from them, you're limited to like 2 per week
Never mind this answers my question.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I've been going none stop since 845. I feel like that bitch in Aliens with the huge machine gun, scatter shot baby, scatter shot.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for that. So Robinhood is probably the best for ease of use and just do the 1 day trade every 3 days it seems like is the best option. I know most of WSB stuff is a fail, but just watching this makes me think it's not something that will stop soon.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ok time to go walk the dog, no sense following this shit and tricking myself out of a too early entry. I took some profits pre market as a hedge, hopefully all the basement dwellers of WSB wake up at noon and yolo