Investing General Discussion

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Novice question, why don't these companies opt to issue more common shares while demand is so high ?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I picked a really bad morning to have client meetings scheduled. Fuck I want to be sitting in my office at my computer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone would have to have some pretty big brass balls at a company to try a big short position right now, if it was a small company.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Total novice here, but I heard Robinhood doesn't let you buy/sell the same day unless it's over 25k? So if I buy AMC today, I have to wait until tomorrow? I'm starting to read up on all this before investing, but what would be a easy to use platform that would allow Buy/sell and such for someone starting out with like $1k meme money.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
holy fuck the short squeeze on GME is nuts. I am going to load cheap puts at bell for a gamble. Not a snowball's chance in hell gamestop is worth it's current market cap.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Total novice here, but I heard Robinhood doesn't let you buy/sell the same day? So if I buy AMC today, I have to wait until tomorrow? I'm starting to read up on all this before investing, but what would be a easy to use platform that would allow Buy/sell and such for someone starting out with like $1k meme money.
It's not just robinhood, its called day trading. You need $25K in the trading account or something.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Total novice here, but I heard Robinhood doesn't let you buy/sell the same day unless it's over 25k? So if I buy AMC today, I have to wait until tomorrow? I'm starting to read up on all this before investing, but what would be a easy to use platform that would allow Buy/sell and such for someone starting out with like $1k meme money.

Unless your account is flagged as a day trader, you can't buy and sell the same stock same day. Stocks have a 2 day settlement date, so if you buy today you have to wait 2 days before you can sell. Day trading has requirements like having at least 25k, margin requirements, etc