Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We've been in a global pandemic with high unemployment rates and entire sectors of the economy shut down and our markets hit new all time highs and you think THIS is clown world?
From a market perspective, yes. During a global pandemic where shit was shutdown all to hell, the put together record sales and profit across all segments. I am not sayingthe stock should pull a GME, but who the fuck sells it off? Unless its the funds being liquidated because they got margin called on their short GME positions.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
During the early Trump years the corporate tax rate was changed which allowed a lot of tech companies to bring in offshore money back to the US and they purchased their stock with it and drove the price up. Imagine if your company owned a lot of your stock and this happened to it, sell a little along the way. Never happen with tech, too much volume out there and they are the "blessed" stocks.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This may be the most active this thread has been (and that includes the March crash). Welcome aboard to all the new faces. This thread has a ton of info if you go backwards and search for it. And make sure to ask Blazin Blazin what his best SPAC stock tips are.

• 2Worf
  • 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They aren't terrified of shit. This is dumb. Who the fuck are they going to investigate?

They should be investigating some brokers and investment firms/hedge funds that are able to do naked shorts most probably.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
This may be the most active this thread has been (and that includes the March crash). Welcome aboard to all the new faces. This thread has a ton of info if you go backwards and search for it. And make sure to ask Blazin Blazin what his best SPAC stock tips are.
Blazin going to choke you out.

• 1Double Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So essentially it needs to climb back over that number by the end of trading tomorrow to keep the squeeze going?

VWAP stands for volume weighted average price, just shows you the average price by volume for the period. ie Where the battle is occuring between buyers and sellers

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, ok let's get down to the REAL brass tacks. Some of you smart people tell us late to the gamers where to put our money-

1. Buy a handful of GME stock (because that's all we can afford at this point)

2. Buy one of the other "potentials" : AMC, Blackberry, BBB

3. None of the above (and tell us why)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, GME is super expensive right now at like $300/share.

AMC is the cheapest at around $15, with BB and BBBY I think in the $40ish range.

As for what's to come? Who the fuck knows. There's definitely a short squeeze on GME, but have the funds already "hedged" their positions (not sure how to say this without using hedge) and the loss they face has already been eaten?

The other meme stocks weren't as ridiculous, but they also haven't seen a squeeze. I'd also argue that they're much better on fundamentals (AMC got a cash infusion, BB is doing an EV play...not sure about BBBY, actually).

The WSB crew is saying they'll hold til $1k or higher, but will they really? Or are they going to see the massive amount of money they'll get and all start cashing in?

Honestly, the whole thing is almost a ponzi scheme at this point, but a LOT of money can be made. Seems like an actual gambling crapshoot though on what wins. Maybe they all do?

• 1Quality Calories

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, ok let's get down to the REAL brass tacks. Some of you smart people tell us late to the gamers where to put our money-

It’s fully a gamble on whether a shitload of people are willing to hold the shit out of some stock that will be worthless the instant too many decide not to. A lot of people are going to end up rich and a lot broke as fuck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm in AMC because it's still in the early phase of its jump up, has more upside, and less risk than GME. Take that for what its worth. I also see some people taking their GME profits and moving to AMC/NOK/EXPR next

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've never seriously bought stocks. I am strapped into AMC and I hate this, but I'm strapped in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ethics aside, her proposal doesn't even make sense. How do you halt trading AND "recalibrate" your position? Trading is halted, and the only way to change your position is to buy or sell. She should be fired for stupidity alone, and then fined for ethics

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

3. You are late to the game and the rules are being changed on the fly by the establishment. You never make money being last but by being first. Money is flowing out of other instruments by the truckloads. That is making nice entry prices in other areas. There are some high quality SPACs that got crushed down near the floor of $10. That is guaranteed safe money. Read backwards in this thread to find out why a $10 floor is banked money in a pre-merger SPAC.

Before I touched AMC/GME etc at these prices I would (and did today) buy XPOA, CCVU, BTWN (still a little pricey at $12, I am waiting until under $11) SVFAU (same as BTWN, still a little pricey but the price is dropping). There are much safer plays with the same potential upside. Fogel Fogel is a little less discriminating and might have some other names for you :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ethics aside, her proposal doesn't even make sense. How do you halt trading AND "recalibrate" your position? Trading is halted, and the only way to change your position is to buy or sell. She should be fired for stupidity alone, and then fined for ethics
Ahh, only if the halt is for those who don't need to "recalibrate".

• 1Like