Investing General Discussion

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
3. You are late to the game and the rules are being changed on the fly by the establishment. You never make money being last but by being first. Money is flowing out of other instruments by the truckloads. That is making nice entry prices in other areas. There are some high quality SPACs that got crushed down near the floor of $10. That is guaranteed safe money. Read backwards in this thread to find out why a $10 floor is banked money in a pre-merger SPAC.

Before I touched AMC/GME etc at these prices I would (and did today) buy XPOA, CCVU, BTWN (still a little pricey at $12, I am waiting until under $11) SVFAU (same as BTWN, still a little pricey but the price is dropping). There are much safer plays with the same potential upside. Fogel Fogel is a little less discriminating and might have some other names for you :)
Yeah the game is just about over, the powers that be are absolutely panicking and going to use their control over the exchanges or big funds to right this "wrong".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm in AMC because it's still in the early phase of its jump up, has more upside, and less risk than GME. Take that for what its worth. I also see some people taking their GME profits and moving to AMC/NOK/EXPR next
This is kind of my thinking. The upside on GME is a lot less at this point. Maybe. It could definitely shoot to the moon if enough autists hold on forever. It may also end up being the Occupy Wall Street stock that millions of Americans use to say "fuck you" to Wall Street, this time with teeth.

AMC is kind of a safer bet, and it's earlier in the "cycle."

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is kind of my thinking. The upside on GME is a lot less at this point. Maybe. It could definitely shoot to the moon if enough autists hold on forever.

AMC is kind of a safer bet, and it's earlier in the "cycle."

Invested a little in Blackberry while I wait for more funds to hit my account for this reason: much earlier in cycle, much lower buy in, company still has some promise regardless of all this craziness.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ethics aside, her proposal doesn't even make sense. How do you halt trading AND "recalibrate" your position? Trading is halted, and the only way to change your position is to buy or sell. She should be fired for stupidity alone, and then fined for ethics
It seems like they’re setting up Too Big to Fail 2.0. I think the populace is a lot more angry than the first time around though.

Either way this goes is going to be bullshit. They let the big guys out of their shitty positions and fuck millions of people or the government bails out Wall Street and fucks millions of people. Either way millions of people are going to get fucked and the market is going to turn into a joke.

The only way this goes good is they let the big boys get fucked and deal with their own fallout and don’t add regulations. I can’t imagine they’re that smart though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just ironed my "BUY" pants for tomorrow morning boys. Might even starch my shirt!

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It seems like they’re setting up Too Big to Fail 2.0. I think the populace is a lot more angry than the first time around though.

Either way this goes is going to be bullshit. They let the big guys out of their shitty positions and fuck millions of people or the government bails out Wall Street and fucks millions of people. Either way millions of people are going to get fucked and the market is going to turn into a joke.

The only way this goes good is they let the big boys get fucked and deal with their own fallout. I can’t imagine they’re that smart though.
They dont need bailed out. They need to take their losses like men. Its fucking investing. They went all in short and got fucked. Who the fuck bailed out everyone who got fucked when the VIX note vehicle (forgot the symbol) imploded a couple of years ago? Answer: No one. Who the fuck is bailing me out of my losses on XOM and M last year?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Popping on the big short tonight to prepare for tomorrow.

Diamond Hands, steel hearts clear minds

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They dont need bailed out. They need to take their losses like men. Its fucking investing. They went all in short and got fucked. Who the fuck bailed out everyone who got fucked when the VIX note vehicle (forgot the symbol) imploded a couple of years ago? Answer: No one. Who the fuck is bailing me out of my losses on XOM and M last year?

Well I guess the concern wouldn't be the firms who lost on their shorts but the underwriters who might be the "too big to fail" retail banks that hold all our FDIC insured savings accounts.

I really have no idea what the fallout from all this is going to be but I certainly don't see it ending well if it keeps trending at the velocity it is.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

The only way this goes good is they let the big boys get fucked and deal with their own fallout. I can’t imagine they’re that smart though.
I'm honestly worried that this is going to trigger the bubble pop.

The big money is having to liquidate their other positions, which is likely why we saw the market super red today. If this gets worse, and it's looking like it will, the whole thing collapses similar to 2008.

Instead of hedges on CMO's like 2008, we've got shorts on top of shorts (how we got above 100% shorted).

• 1Truth!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

The big money is having to liquidate their other positions, which is likely why we saw the market super red today. If this gets worse, and it's looking like it will, the whole thing collapses similar to 2008.

Instead of hedges on CMO's like 2008, we've got shorts on top of shorts (how we got above 100% shorted).
It’s an interesting thought experiment and depending on your view of the tards should influence your other positions. I’m highly leveraged on multiple oil stocks with great dividends and may cash out tomorrow and just hold. Or yolo the memes. If we’re truly in clown world, join in or die

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Got a buddy I grew up with that lives this shit, basically gave his brother his half of the business for cash and has been living stocks for a decade.

He isnt stupid, and he isnt ignorant.

Was telling him the same shit earlier. If WSB is what pops the bubble, the Lulz would be truly epic.

Fuk it, might buy puts on QQQ or whatever tomorrow and dump everything I own.

Embrace the full honk.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah the NASAQ ceo pushing for halting to allow investment companies and hedge funds time to recalibrate is one of the biggest jokes I've heard in a loooong time. Right up there with totally clueless people that act like they should get a "do over". Then they act all upset when the peons/common folk talk about how the system is rigged in their own favor.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got a buddy I grew up with that lives this shit, basically gave his brother his half of the business for cash and has been living stocks for a decade.

He isnt stupid, and he isnt ignorant.

Was telling him the same shit earlier. If WSB is what pops the bubble, the Lulz would be truly epic.

Fuk it, might buy puts on QQQ or whatever tomorrow and dump everything I own.

Embrace the full honk.
I think what likely happens is that the super vocal hodl people will stick it out. But they're probably the minority of WSB. The majority will get scared if GME starts climbing to $1k.

They'll cash out - it will still be a bloodbath for the big money, but they'll be saved by people who are risk averse.

Which I think is the best case scenario. Wall Street takes a $50 billion haircut, some wealth is redistributed down, and everyone learns a lesson about how the country really works.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I’m guessing it will cause some kind of a bubble pop for sure. When places have to sell everything they own to cover their shorts? Everything is going to go into sell/panic mode. The money is going to shift hands so who knows where it goes. Maybe meme stocks is the new legit Wall Street in 2021.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
HGIMVS0C.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users