Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Me with Betterment ETF’s versus me on my own in stonks, lol. Serious question, how do I transfer all my shit from RH to Betterment?

50D59326-B45E-4854-ADD2-606A0A045C0D.png
2D2A369C-3AD2-4EA9-945E-EE51E542F2F5.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The problem with selling lots of put options is you look at your board and see all these "Day Range" visuals on the left and think the days sucks and then you realize those are your put options and its a good thing to be on the left. Makes your head spin. Its all so complicated,

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
All these posts about people putting their life savings, using all their student loans, or taking out more loans to go into GME are just memes right? People this stupid don't exist do they? Why would you take out a loan to buy into a stock where the plan is to never sell no matter the price?
It’s real. Some dude at work randomly asked me about stocks one day. He took a loan out of his 401k to throw into robinhood to start “investing.” Lost $700 in a week, had no idea what he was doing. I told him to be thankful it only cost him $700 to learn his lesson. Told him his 401k is already his investment, don’t steal from it and put it in something riskier. Told him how fast that shit can go wrong. I think I scared him sufficiently enough that now he’s “never take a 401k loan for anything unless it’s dire” so that’s good.

These people exist.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
God damn options manipulation. CCIV goes up 30% and my %12.5 strike puts go down a nickle. Fucking Hedge Funds.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Just had a chat with a guy I know on Steam. He tells me he can afford exactly one GME share. So he bought it at 95 dollars and is now hoping for the best. Guy is going to college for a CS degree.