Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Insanity. Oh and yeah, no dividend. Fuckers.

*Amazon Operating Cash Flow Increased 72% to $66.1 B for Trailing Twelve Mos >AMZN

Amazon Operating Cash Flow Increased 72% to $66.1 B for Trailing Twelve Mos >AMZN​

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there a book or online class you all recommend for beginners? I don't even understand all of the terminology you use.

I lost $300 on gme. First time buying stocks ever. Pain is always a good teacher, and I at least knew enough to invest an amount of money I was fine with losing to begin with.

I joined a wsb telegram group and they are saying they are going to pump a stock soon. I didn't know what that meant until it was explained here so ty.

I put some of the money I had left over into some stock that were recommended here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once again, I want to point out the...hypocrisy? Or I guess just unevenness in my feelings about these companies.

My portfolio is over 6% Amazon and Google (thanks to their massive market share). I'm up several times more than I lost on AMC in just the last 15 minutes, but it doesn't feel like it at all.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a book or online class you all recommend for beginners? I don't even understand all of the terminology you use.

I lost $300 on gme. First time buying stocks ever. Pain is always a good teacher, and I at least knew enough to invest an amount of money I was fine with losing to begin with.

I joined a wsb telegram group and they are saying they are going to pump a stock soon. I didn't know what that meant until it was explained here so ty.

I put some of the money I had left over into some stock that were recommended here.

Look up some youtube videos that go into the basics of Index funds, things like S&P500, QQQ, etc. Index funds should be the backbone of your retirement investing, at least in the beginning. Also, make sure you're contributing to your 401K and IRA first. Index funds and tax deferred accounts (IRA/401K) are where you start.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As much as I love money, fuck amazon and google
I tried to sell my AMZN on the earnings spike and realized I only have 0.9 shares. LOL I cant sell fractional on the extended hours ATP platform. el-oh-el.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Go spend some time (ok a lot of time) on this site.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always point people to JLCollins for index investing. You could buy the book he wrote instead, but it's identical information. It's very short "articles" that explain why you should index. Read as much or as little as you want. Can probably get through the whole thing in a couple hours.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Once again, I want to point out the...hypocrisy? Or I guess just unevenness in my feelings about these companies.

My portfolio is over 6% Amazon and Google (thanks to their massive market share). I'm up several times more than I lost on AMC in just the last 15 minutes, but it doesn't feel like it at all.
This is a conundrum. It is why I am currently out of ETFs and wont own the QQQs or SPY again voluntarily. I am transitioning to FTEC because it doesnt include AMZN and the Comm sector (GOOG, FB etc).

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm agonizing over buying Nokia now that the craziness is mostly over. Not sure what happened in late 2019 to cause the sharp drop while the additional one in early 2020 is probably Corona bullshit going on all over the world.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is a conundrum. It is why I am currently out of ETFs and wont own the QQQs or SPY again voluntarily. I am transitioning to FTEC because it doesnt include AMZN and the Comm sector (GOOG, FB etc).
I mean, I hate each of the FAANG companies for everything they stand for, but I also love money.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR
Palantir Announces Date of Fourth Quarter 2020 Earnings Release and Conference Call
BUSINESS WIRE 4:21 PM ET 2/2/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
PLTR 31.02down -2.94 (-8.6572%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 02/02/2021
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Palantir Technologies Inc.(PLTR) announced today that results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2020 will be released on Tuesday, February 16, 2021, prior to the open of the U.S. markets. The Company will host a conference call to discuss its results at 6:00am MT / 8:00am ET.

A live webcast will be available at investors.palantir.com, and participants can pre-register at Palantir Technologies Fourth Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference. A replay will be available at (888) 869-1189 or (706) 643-5902 until midnight (ET) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users