Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can you elaborate? If the trigger for gainz is the merger what made you think it was good to sell pre-merger?

The trigger is the rumor before the merger. It never shot up after the rumor/confirmation and when the merger hit it went down. Not all spacs are winners, thats why you need to be active in a couple

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The trigger is the rumor before the merger. It never shot up after the rumor/confirmation and when the merger hit it went down. Not all spacs are winners, thats why you need to be active in a couple

Ah, I see. Makes sense.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Here's a protip: Pay someone else to do it. I pay a guy $450 a month to completely manage 6 properties. My property manager handles all the repairs and even pays for them and just holds it back from my monthly draw.

More power to ya and i'm glad you're having an easy time and making great profits with your rentals, but this isn't really a pro tip. This is a very unique and VERY cheap circumstance you happened to find yourself in. It would be near impossible to find anyone worth their salt to manage 6 properties for under a 100 each in an area where rent/mortgage margins are good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
is anyone legitimately concerned about the attention that SPACs are getting now? They have increased in populairty YOY for past 3 years without the WSB-type attention but now folks are starting to talk about them on the MSM and others are getting more interested. Thoughts looking forward?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The spac lifecycle may be accelerating. Just looking at the last couple of years, the average spac went from 18 months to close a deal down to under a year. Also, certain sectors are exploding like EV spacs while others are being ignored.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm currently using Robinhood. Are there better tools you recommend or is rh fine? I don't like all the negative attention they are getting so I am doubting.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm currently using Robinhood. Are there better tools you recommend or is rh fine? I don't like all the negative attention they are getting so I am doubting.
A lot of us are fidelity fan boys, they didn't have any issues or block any trades during the meme stonk wars

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
is anyone legitimately concerned about the attention that SPACs are getting now? They have increased in populairty YOY for past 3 years without the WSB-type attention but now folks are starting to talk about them on the MSM and others are getting more interested. Thoughts looking forward?
I'm concerned that i found out a year late about them and am gonna miss out on a bunch of easy money

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I went ahead and bought 2000000 myself. What the hell.

Just so you know, i bought it for lulz. I totally expect this stock to flame out. I definitely would not put $4k into it like you did ..

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Don't use RH under any circumstances. Their UI is very slick and they make things super easy. But I can't describe to you how frustrating it is to be cockblocked by your own brokerage. Frankly, I don't even care if it was incompetence or collaboration with the hedge funds. There's no excuse for a professional company to ever pull the bullshit they pulled.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I just made my fidelity account. I still have pending transfers to RH from my bank, so when that's settled I will move the account to fidelity.

But goddamn their UI is trash. I wasn't even that impressed by RH because I just expect good UX as a baseline. Comparing it to fidelity and now I am impressed. But this isn't a delivery app so I choose not to care.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Investopedia has some decent run downs of various firms and each review has a section that tells you how that broker makes money.

A major way Robinhood makes it's money (which Fidelity does not) is called Payment for Orderflow, which means they route your trade to any market maker that pays them for the pleasure. In turn, this market maker's algo finds where your trade will make them the most money, and fills your trade at that time (computers do this in milliseconds), for their profits (usually fractions of a cent, per share, gets skimmed in the difference between the price they buy the stock before you, and the price they sell the stock to you). It's totally not front running though...since that is illegal.

Last edited: