Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
More power to ya and i'm glad you're having an easy time and making great profits with your rentals, but this isn't really a pro tip. This is a very unique and VERY cheap circumstance you happened to find yourself in. It would be near impossible to find anyone worth their salt to manage 6 properties for under a 100 each in an area where rent/mortgage margins are good.

$600/mo or even $800/mo would still be worth, so does it really make a difference? His point was that for a monthly fee you don’t have to deal w the “annoyance” of owning high value assets.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
$600/mo or even $800/mo would still be worth, so does it really make a difference? His point was that for a monthly fee you don’t have to deal w the “annoyance” of owning high value assets.

Yes pretty much this. When I got into RE, I wanted to do nothing. Completely passive income stream. As little work as humanly possible. I'm fucking lazy and just want to play path of exile all day.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yes pretty much this. When I got into RE, I wanted to do nothing. Completely passive income stream. As little work as humanly possible. I'm fucking lazy and just want to play path of exile all day.

How long ago did you buy your first house and was owning 6 always your end game or did you just kind of end up here?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Sounds like you should of put that capital into the stock market then? very ez/lazy money

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

is anyone legitimately concerned about the attention that SPACs are getting now? They have increased in populairty YOY for past 3 years without the WSB-type attention but now folks are starting to talk about them on the MSM and others are getting more interested. Thoughts looking forward?

pandemic fucked a lot of companies momentum and SPACs are a great way for cash infusion, quickly.

also. So hotrightnow

I still think DNMR is a great hold. They finalized thru a SPAC a month ago,ish

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How long ago did you buy your first house and was owning 6 always your end game or did you just kind of end up here?

I bought my first in 2005, and I lived there. It was a HUD home and foreclosure. I picked it up, fixed it up and primary residenced in it. My wife and I married in 2010 and she's chinese and loves some real estate. She was like "we need to buy more houses, im going to get a good job and lets buy houses", and I was like "uhh okay". Then she got a good job, and we moved. We decided instead of selling the old house, we'd pay it off and then rent it out. That worked out so well the rest is history. We picked up homes in 2013, 14, 15, 16, and 17 after that. We stopped in 17 when the market got a little too ridiculous.

We bought our new primary residence in 2012 for 429k but it would most likely sell for 700-750k at this point.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I bought my first in 2005, and I lived there. It was a HUD home and foreclosure. I picked it up, fixed it up and primary residenced in it. My wife and I married in 2010 and she's chinese and loves some real estate. She was like "we need to buy more houses, im going to get a good job and lets buy houses", and I was like "uhh okay". Then she got a good job, and we moved. We decided instead of selling the old house, we'd pay it off and then rent it out. That worked out so well the rest is history. We picked up homes in 2013, 14, 15, 16, and 17 after that. We stopped in 17 when the market got a little too ridiculous.

We bought our new primary residence in 2012 for 429k but it would most likely sell for 700-750k at this point.

That’s amazing. Your wife def knew wtf she was talking about.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That’s amazing. Your wife def knew wtf she was talking about.

I don't think she looked at it as an investment. Chinese culture is very big on real estate/tangible things. From the market going up on RE, I think she just got lucky. But it's something I would not have done if she didn't push me to it, so I'm glad she did.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
There’s apparently some kind of revolt happening in WSB. Moderators being removed and replaced, top level moderators who haven’t been active in years are coming back out of nowhere to capitalize on media hype and trying to get deals with the press and Hollywood. At least that’s what keeps getting posted.

They’re trying to get the attention of admins to give power back to the people who have been running it for years.

One thing is for sure, not that it wasn’t a shitshow before, but GME / AMC have ruined it even for the little bit of useful tips you could get at one point. Too many clueless new people spamming.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
There’s apparently some kind of revolt happening in WSB. Moderators being removed and replaced, top level moderators who haven’t been active in years are coming back out of nowhere to capitalize on media hype and trying to get deals with the press and Hollywood. At least that’s what keeps getting posted.

They’re trying to get the attention of admins to give power back to the people who have been running it for years.

One thing is for sure, not that it wasn’t a shitshow before, but GME / AMC have ruined it even for the little bit of useful tips you could get at one point. Too many clueless new people spamming.

#noise

The Information Age.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
VGAC just announced it's merging with 23andMe. Just bought a handful at 15.75 pre-market.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
VGAC just announced it's merging with 23andMe. Just bought a handful at 15.75 pre-market.
my ZNTE was headed downwards this morning, sold all of it and jumped on VGAC. Seems like the most high profile SPAC merger yet, I'll be shocked if the stock price doesnt go past $20 today