Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While true, new investors need to realize that typical S&P Index returns are about 10% year over year (over long periods of time). So, while your SPAC money may sit idle doing not much of anything for months, the absolute lowest expectations of yielding about 30% return if you're close to nav price is not at all unreasonable. Even if they took 2 whole years to hit a rumor, you're still well ahead of index investing.

I will also say again, like many others.. be selective. There's been a flood of spacs and you need to get behind ones with reputable managers / track records.

Added PSAH on Friday the 29th Jan and it is already at 15% return.
Added XPOA last week and it is already 10% return.
Added CCV/U last week and it is already 9% return.
Been holding GSAH for a few weeks now and sitting at 7.8% return.

Again, I stress to get the price as low as possible for the least risk. Recent high fliers like IPOF are riding other Chamath euphoria, has no rumor, let alone a target acquisition, so have high risk of the price retreating in the coming weeks. It is quite extended from nav price here at $15.75 (as of this post).

Every sizeable market pullback (like last Friday), I am looking to add rock bottom price spacs. When there is blood in the streets of Wall Street, go spac shopping.. and look for other valuable stocks. The regular investor is usually busy selling everything they own on the bloody days, savvy investors are you shopping while the market is awash in liquidity.

Sounds like you're not going to buy the A Rod spac?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Everyone talking about air taxis colliding, or air taxis terrorism...

Let's get real.

Joggers are going to shoot at them.
But they wont actually hit anything...

1612531837275.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While true, new investors need to realize that typical S&P Index returns are about 10% year over year (over long periods of time). So, while your SPAC money may sit idle doing not much of anything for months, the absolute lowest expectations of yielding about 30% return if you're close to nav price is not at all unreasonable. Even if they took 2 whole years to hit a rumor, you're still well ahead of index investing.

I will also say again, like many others.. be selective. There's been a flood of spacs and you need to get behind ones with reputable managers / track records.

Added PSAH on Friday the 29th Jan and it is already at 15% return.
Added XPOA last week and it is already 10% return.
Added CCV/U last week and it is already 9% return.
Been holding GSAH for a few weeks now and sitting at 7.8% return.

Again, I stress to get the price as low as possible for the least risk. Recent high fliers like IPOF are riding other Chamath euphoria, has no rumor, let alone a target acquisition, so have high risk of the price retreating in the coming weeks. It is quite extended from nav price here at $15.75 (as of this post).

Every sizeable market pullback (like last Friday), I am looking to add rock bottom price spacs. When there is blood in the streets of Wall Street, go spac shopping.. and look for other valuable stocks. The regular investor is usually busy selling everything they own on the bloody days, savvy investors are you shopping while the market is awash in liquidity.
I agree. When I mentioned opportunity cost it wasn't actually directed to the S&P500. It was for any investment you aren't investing in.

Also - Can't reinforce the idea enough to look for high quality blue chips when they go on sale. You don't usually get a lot of opportunities to bargain shop for the AAPLs, MSFTs, HDs etc.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What's the point of this person saying this? lol

I mean it would have been a lukewarm take even posting a week ago, but saying it yesterday....who cares....
To be a dick. Now that the tide is turning they will all come out of the woodwork.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"Because of this cultist shit".
Not, I made a stupid mistake. Not I fucked up. Not I...

Nope, its all about being the victim and blaming others.

And this is why I give zero fucks and have zero sympathy. Cry like a bitch, slapped like a bitch.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Futures barely green, BTC teasing 38k. I have some BTC sympathy plays going for if it goes back over 40k. MARA options and BTBT shares. Think we can end the week 5 green days in a row or do people take profits today?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
"Because of this cultist shit".
Not, I made a stupid mistake. Not I fucked up. Not I...

Nope, its all about being the victim and blaming others.

And this is why I give zero fucks and have zero sympathy. Cry like a bitch, slapped like a bitch.
it's pretty wild that folks will listen to some random people with no vested interest in their life and decide to make life changing decisions based on that.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Futures barely green, BTC teasing 38k. I have some BTC sympathy plays going for if it goes back over 40k. MARA options and BTBT shares. Think we can end the week 5 green days in a row or do people take profits today?

• 1Like