Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I wonder who gets the shares. Does Robinhood or whoever just get to keep them?

They'll be down to $3 by the time the inheritor takes possession anyway

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So one of the newer SPACs I scouted was:

Omega Alpha SPAC- Opened 1/7/21. Biotech field. Jefferies LLC and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. Raised $120m in IPO.

120m seems kind of low. Should I be avoiding SPACs under a certain amount? Or how much does that matter?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
TRIT was still a win.

Made a small profit, have one or two hundred with zero basis.

Maybe they pull it out of the nose dive and I've got something worthwhile.

Hell, might buy more. I've done well buying dogs

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So I was t
TRIT was still a win.

Made a small profit, have one or two hundred with zero basis.

Maybe they pull it out of the nose dive and I've got something worthwhile.

Hell, might buy more. I've done well buying dogs

I'm still holding TRIT, for whatever reason people like to pay good premium for the covered calls. Well I think the reason is the "only" thing holding this back is "just" some court cases. If they get resolved? /moon emojis

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All I can think when I see quotes like this is, you want the same dumb fucks who cant drive a car without hitting something driving a airplane-like vehicle? We require god knows how many hours of training to fly a plane, but we are going to let Jobobo behind the wheel of a flying taxi. SMH.

There's no way flying taxis will be a thing with human drivers. Automated self-driving cars are becoming a thing sooner than flying cars are. From there it'll be a quick step to combine the two. The potential for terrorism is WAY too high with people driving flying cars (look at the very picture you posted, and look at all of the targets in the background of the flying car). I'm actually convinced that the main reason we've never had flying vehicles before now is because there's just too much potential for terrorism.

Also the only way flying cars will be able to stay on invisible flying highways (aka maintain an orderly flight path without colliding with anyone else) is if they're all on an AI grid that keeps track of locations.

This WILL be a massive moneymaker, but probably not for a bit. These two techs need to combine first. Once we start having self-driving taxis on the roads as a regular thing, then the evolution into self-driving flying cars will rapidly accelerate.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSTH over $30 after hours. Rumors abound about a Stripe acquisition and the price mooning in the coming week(s).

Really kicking myself for only grabbing 1k shares when it was in the ~$25 range on Friday last week.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
PSTH over $30 after hours. Rumors abound about a Stripe acquisition and the price mooning in the coming week(s).

Really kicking myself for only grabbing 1k shares when it was in the ~$25 range on Friday last week.
Sweet. I got $3100 @ $22. Me and Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes have been riding this one forever. I thought a couple others did as well but don’t remember who.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Picture in your head the typical morning rush hour in any metropolitan city. Now picture all of those cars and all of those retards up in the air at the same time unconstrained by well defined roads/lanes/stop lights. It would be a disaster. There would be dozens of fatal collisions every day. With the added bonus of the wreckage raining down on little Timmy playing in his back yard. Flying cars/drones are logistically impossible when scaled up.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Think of all the stupid shit people do with drones now, imagine them many times larger. Sure there are ways to contain them just as sure there will be ways to get around it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Id say people do stupid shit with cars now because theres basically zero consequences for being a retard in a car. Even driving recklessly and killing someone will often result in very little prison time.

Borzak

Guessing for a while it's going to be like a lot of alternative energy stuff. Experimental and proof of concept stuff that can get gobbled up by someone bigger.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The first time two air taxis have a mid air collision in Manhattan and the wreckage falls on some people being forced to eat outside because of Covid the entire "industry" implodes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The first time two air taxis have a mid air collision in Manhattan and the wreckage falls on some people being forced to eat outside because of Covid the entire "industry" implodes.
I hope it’s all captured on someone’s iphone.

Borzak

I hope it’s all captured on someone’s iphone.

First person most likely, someone dicking with their phone.

Best part would be the incredible draw for someone to hack them. Plus shitty H1B visa coders from parts of the world that don't even have cars. Reminds me right after the wall fell friend went to Moscow with Navy brass/diplomats. Was saying the Aeroflot planes had a glass window on top to get a celestial bearing at times lol into the 90's.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep, pretty much exactly what I read. That was one of the "disadvantages" I read about SPACs... The managers are going to make the merger happen even if it's a bad one. But that doesn't affect you if you jettison the SPAC prior to merge.

Still trying to figure out the downside to SPACs. They seem too good to be true tbh.
Currently the downside is only realized if you hold past the merger and the money leaves escrow or you buy in too high from the Navy. The other downside is opportunity cost of your money sitting and it ends up doing nothing for a period of time.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Everyone talking about air taxis colliding, or air taxis terrorism...

Let's get real.

Joggers are going to shoot at them.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The other downside is opportunity cost of your money sitting and it ends up doing nothing for a period of time.
While true, new investors need to realize that typical S&P Index returns are about 10% year over year (over long periods of time). So, while your SPAC money may sit idle doing not much of anything for months, the absolute lowest expectations of yielding about 30% return if you're close to nav price is not at all unreasonable. Even if they took 2 whole years to hit a rumor, you're still well ahead of index investing.

I will also say again, like many others.. be selective. There's been a flood of spacs and you need to get behind ones with reputable managers / track records.

Added PSAH on Friday the 29th Jan and it is already at 15% return.
Added XPOA last week and it is already 10% return.
Added CCV/U last week and it is already 9% return.
Been holding GSAH for a few weeks now and sitting at 7.8% return.

Again, I stress to get the price as low as possible for the least risk. Recent high fliers like IPOF are riding other Chamath euphoria, has no rumor, let alone a target acquisition, so have high risk of the price retreating in the coming weeks. It is quite extended from nav price here at $15.75 (as of this post).

Every sizeable market pullback (like last Friday), I am looking to add rock bottom price spacs. When there is blood in the streets of Wall Street, go spac shopping.. and look for other valuable stocks. The regular investor is usually busy selling everything they own on the bloody days, savvy investors are you shopping while the market is awash in liquidity.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Joggers are going to shoot at them.
bdaa3b170635232e39b9d9a8241a3145.jpg

• 1Double Worf