Investing General Discussion

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol dogecoin today.

I just looked at my history, at one point I had 1 million coins and another time I bought and sold 777,000 coins.

Wonder how far it’ll go.

Mentioned this on the coin thread, but I think it will go farther than people think. The traditional view of doge is that it is a worthless joke currency- and it has been for pretty much its entire life. But I think there's at least a decent chance of that changing. I'm not going to sink my life savings into it, but if it has a big dip in the near future I'm going to buy back in.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get that shit. You have dudes out there who seemingly randomly put down $10k+ in Dogecoins sometime in the past few years and just forgot about it. Then posted Tiktok videos with their six figure gains.

Why would a rational person do this?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That would have been a nice payday about now. Why did you buy so many dogecoins in the first place?

He's was probably drunk when Doge was first released and the meme was still fresh

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't get that shit. You have dudes out there who seemingly randomly put down $10k+ in Dogecoins sometime in the past few years and just forgot about it. Then posted Tiktok videos with their six figure gains.

Same people buying lotto tickets, even though the lottery is a tax for people who failed math.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean I know I am a retard who hates money in general. But especially when it comes to crypto because everytime I considered it I found some reason to just buy regular stocks and securities instead. Because crypto is retarded. Which it is.

God damn if it doesn't print from time to time though I guess.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

It’s not smart, it just works out sometimes and was within my risk tolerance.

Buying $25,000 worth of physical silver last week isn’t a genius play either but I like rolling the dice as a percentage of the whole.

I got notice this morning the shipping labels for 5 kilograms of bars has been created and is of course scheduled to arrive Wednesday the day I’m flying to Hawaii, so that figures. Gotta remember to delay the shipment later.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only reason I haven't gotten into crypto is because it's either BTC/Eth or bust at this point, and no matter BTC's historical returns, I'm not dumping large sums of money into 2 companies. Stock market may have lesser returns, but much more security and diversity.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting, but this only works for the 401(k) from your current job at 55. You can't withdraw early from retirement plans under different employers.

Yeah, but you can roll those plans into the employers 401k before you quit. Hell I suppose anyone could just get a job at walmart for a month, roll all their previous plans into the walmart plan, then "retire".

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Mentioned this on the coin thread, but I think it will go farther than people think. The traditional view of doge is that it is a worthless joke currency- and it has been for pretty much its entire life. But I think there's at least a decent chance of that changing. I'm not going to sink my life savings into it, but if it has a big dip in the near future I'm going to buy back in.

Theres nothing about doge from a technological point that gives it any long term legs. Its dutch tulips.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres nothing about doge from a technological point that gives it any long term legs. Its dutch tulips.

Totally agree. But I'm not sure it needs anything from a technological angle to give it legs. If it was a stock I would give it a zero percent chance of going anywhere long term. But I think currencies are different. The value of currency is largely derived from the population's belief in its value. Belief in doge is high and it's being pushed by the richest guy in the world. Part of me thinks Elon is taking doge on as his personal experiment.